One week in Japan

One week in Japan

One week in Japan

One week in Japan

One week in Japan

Last night I was wandering around Little Tokyo after a delicious bowl of ramen, dreaming that I lived in Japan. As a lot of you already know, Japan is my spirit animal, it’s my ideal place to live. Sadly, I’ve never been, but seeing this video by Mike Matas fulfills some of my fantasies. He and his girlfriend spent one week in Japan, documenting their journey along the way. The beginning starts out frantically as they tour what seems to be Tokyo, but then the pace mellows out as they reach the nature outside of the city. Really well done, it puts a fire under my ass to get out there.

6 Comments One week in Japan

1. Robert January 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Awesome video. I’m also curious to what ramen place you ate at?

2. marisa January 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I loveee japan so much, so I had to comment. great video!

3. Josselin Morales January 5, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Hi!
    This video is fantastic, melancholic and inspiring. I’ve been to japan, spent 3 weeks there and this video sent me back there. None of the pictures I took made me feel like this video! amazing! thank you for posting it. I live in Beijing, give me some time, I’ll try to do something similar!

4. Jenny January 6, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Oh man.. you need to get to Japan. Watching that made me miss it so much. :) Love the new look here.

5. diandra January 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

ah! i’ve been to a few of those places and this video brought me back. Now, I’m hankering to get there again. XO

6. liss January 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I love this….I have just started following your blog and think it is choice. I wonder if you read books about Japan and if your do book reviews? I Really like the authors Natsuo Kirino and Haruki Murakami but am looking for more to read.