‘A Real Hero’ by College feat. Electric Youth, from the Movie ‘Drive’

'A Real Hero' by College feat. Electric Youth, from the Movie 'Drive'

I haven’t seen the movie Drive yet, but from the reviews I’ve heard it definitely sounds like my kind of movie. Fast, Bullitt-esque driving, the movie takes place and it stars Ryan Gosling, Carey Mulligan and Bryan Cranston? Yes, please. Another reason to see it though is this track from the movie called A Real Hero, which is by College and features Electric Youth. The song feels like M83’s last album Saturdays = Youth, which I mean in the best way. It’s that weird synthesis between the 80s and now, it feels timeless but new and fun.

Both College and Electric Youth are on an indie record label called Valerie Records, which made it all the more cool to me. You can help support these artists by buying a limited edition 7-inch of the song by clicking here.

7 Comments ‘A Real Hero’ by College feat. Electric Youth, from the Movie ‘Drive’

1. Mathias September 19, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Great song by College, the song fits “Drive” so well. It even gets better when you hear/see it in the cinema. Love the movie.

2. Alvin September 19, 2011 at 11:44 AM

It sounds even better in the context of the movie.

3. Pat September 19, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Saw the movie on Saturday…loved it! Very different kind of movie for Ryan Gossling but I definitely liked it! As soon as I heard this song in the movie I fell in love with it!! It has a catchy beat to it and fits the movie very well!! Everyone needs to see the movie…makes you want to get in your car and take a drive late a night!!

4. Justin Sullivan September 19, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Went to see Drive sunday at Arclight. It was grand! Go see it.

Thanks for posting the track.

5. Mack September 19, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Can’t hear this and not think of murder now, still great movie.

6. Alyssa September 20, 2011 at 9:23 AM

I loved Drive and especially loved the soundtrack and of course A Real Hero by College feat. Electric Youth.

College and Electric Youth should do a full length Now! and then tour America!

7. dinosaur October 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM

I can’t remember another movie this year where the music was so critical to its effect: it was like another dimension to the action, almost like a special effect that made every scene pop.