I know a lot of you love contests, but not everyone is a designer, so I think I’ve found a way to get more of you involved. For the past few months I’ve been chatting with the super nice folks over at Lomography here in Los Angeles, trying to figure out something exciting to do together.
After a bit of brainstorming we’ve decided to have a a simple competition: summarize the city or town you live in with one photograph.
The place you live in is important, some of you might love your town, others may feel trapped by it. You may choose to portray it in a beautiful light, you may show the darker side, or maybe there’s something hysterical that will make us all laugh, who knows? That’s totally up to you, but the more creative you are the better chance you have of winning.
Ah yes! Winning!
For this competition Lomo will be supplying the winner with one of their rad new Sprocket Rocket cameras, which allows you to take a photo using the entire roll of film, not just the middle parts. You can see some examples above of the photos as well as the camera itself, pretty sweet, right? If you want some more information about the camera you can click here.
• Please send your images as JPGs no larger than 800px wide at 72 DPI/RGB mode, there’s no height restrictions (within reason).
• ALl photos must be shot on film, not digital photos, sorry!
• Label your files “firstname-lastname-nameofcity.jpg”
• One submission per person, make it count!
• Send all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Show Your City Photo Competition“. Cut and paste what I wrote there, it’s super easy and it helps me keep track of your entry.
• All entries are due September 29, 2011 by Midnight, PST.
If there are any other questions feel free to leave them in the comments. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with and be sure to tell your friends/classmates/pets to participate. Good luck and have fun!