The Desktop Wallpaper Project featuring Charlie Sheen

Richard Perez, Dan Cassaro, Erik Marinovich

A little under a week ago I had a random idea, which I wrote to three of my buddies on Twitter – Richard Perez (aka Skinny Ships), Dan Cassaro (aka Young Jerks) and Erik Marinovich (aka The Big Animals). I asked them, “Can someone please get us some #tigerblood typography already? It’s already overdue.” Later that night, completely randomly and out of nowhere, I get an email from Richard that says, “Thanks to your call to arms on twitter Dan Cassaro, Erik from friends of type and I are collaborating on a special Sheen inspired desktop wallpaper for ya.”

So we’ve totally bought into the Charlie Sheen hype and these guys have made the very best Charlie Sheen wallpaper you’re ever going to see. Honestly this wallpaper could have been a horrible mess of who knows what, but these guys are professionals and are all #winning. I love that they decided to bottle up everything crazy and wonderful about Charlie Sheen. If we could honestly sell these bottles I think we’d be millionaires. You absolutely have to see the extra large sizes of these, plus there’s an iPad and inidividual iPhone wallpapers for each. A huge thanks to Richard, Dan and Erik!

14 Comments The Desktop Wallpaper Project featuring Charlie Sheen

1. Robert March 9, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Genius!

2. Trevor Basset March 9, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Really great work all around.

3. Nate Utesch March 9, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Sweet mercy! So good. As much as I want the Sheen fiasco to dry up and die… this collab is gorgeous. Well done. Well played. What a trio.

4. Nick March 9, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Excellent job. I agree that it could have gone terribly wrong, but I’m impressed!

5. micahburger March 9, 2011 at 4:45 PM

awesome! Ive recently started watching him online too…he’s crazy and deserves a desktop wallpaper haha

6. Mark March 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Cool blog bro!!! Looks really nice! Love you’re work. Why is it called: The Fox is Black? – just a question – i like the name though.

7. Sean March 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM

AH, this is great! Love it, but since it has to do with Charlie Sheen, I just doesn’t do it for me as a wallpaper. If it had some alcohol types or even made up ones I use this for sure! But all in all it has great aesthetic!

8. Spriby March 10, 2011 at 2:55 AM

Theres a Scottish company thats making a Charlie Sheen Tiger Blood Beer.. For real!
    SKINNY. SHIPS. IS. THE. MAN.
    He needs to hook up fast with these dudes on their label!

9. JM March 10, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I’ve been a consistent follower of your blog, your posts are pretty much spot on and diverse. Therefore it surprised me to see that Charlie Sheen was being featured one of the wallpaper projects.

I get it, I mean he’s all wacky and crazy and stuff, but there is nothing funny/ironic/’crazy’ about his documented verbal and physical abuse of women.

This is nothing against the creators of this wallpaper as the typography and illustration are really awesome, just wish we weren’t rewarding a misogynist with more attention then he actually deserves.

Thanks for your time, keep up the great work!

10. Bobby SolomonBobby Solomon March 10, 2011 at 10:20 AM

@JM – Thanks for your comment and concern. I personally don’t think there’s anything about this wallpaper that approves of his behavior or what he’s done in the past. We’re simply making art around a person in the limelight of pop culture right now, pointing out that he’s totally nuts.

11. Jason March 13, 2011 at 3:06 PM

I actually like his movies and had some positive attitude for him. Whatever is going on with the guy is something I feel sorry about but as the media creates this hype then we “must” follow with this wallpaper on our monitors.
    A bit dark as is the situation around him..

12. jessica define March 28, 2011 at 10:39 AM

i most definitely just made this my desktop wallpaper. nuts + funny.

13. Ivo van Schagen March 31, 2011 at 2:34 PM

The cork of the right bottle, it seems he’s floating in front of it. Doesn’t it have to be inside the bottle?

I don’t want to offend, I have this wallpaper for my desktop and my mobile, the colors and more are very well done.

14. kim April 19, 2011 at 4:14 AM

This almost makes listening to Charlie’s crazy ramblings almost worth it. Wonderful and brilliant! Thank you.