‘Under Cover Of Darkness’ by The Strokes

Under Cover Of Darkness by The Strokes

Under Cover Of Darkness by The Strokes

It’s been nearly 5 years since The Strokes released an album, and about 7 or 8 since I really listened to them. When they first released Is This It back in 2001 it was all I listened to for a summer. Their sound was reminiscent of a time gone by but was new and exciting in a way that only they could create. Cut to now with the release of their new album Angles on March 18, and well, their sound doesn’t sound so different, but maybe that’s not a bad thing.

This is the first video for the single Under Cover of Darkness, a nice little song that sounds like a return to their younger selves. The video isn’t really anything remarkable but the song is quite promising to what will hopefully be a really exciting album.

6 Comments ‘Under Cover Of Darkness’ by The Strokes

1. anne March 3, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Love it!

2. Frank D March 3, 2011 at 1:57 AM

3. Christine March 3, 2011 at 6:52 AM

Didn’t know they had new album out. I kind of went through same phase with them. Saw them once in concert too when lived in NYC and after that lost interest. I’ll be interested to hear rest of album.

4. Lulu March 5, 2011 at 2:58 AM

This is definitely a “The Strokes” song… I had to check that it wasn’t an old “The Strokes” song. Having said that, it’s pretty grouse.

5. matthew H March 5, 2011 at 5:23 AM

Also wanted to point out that the video was filmed at movie palace Landmark Loews Jersey Theatre. It is being lovingly renovated by volunteers and regularly holds movie screenings. More pics.

6. Aimeee April 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM

This was the best song ever since their last album, it gets stuck in your head the whole day and you just cant seem to take it out. I love the beat and there is more to come from these fabulous gentlemen.