Live the Language

live the language 1

live the language 2

live the language 3

This video ticks all the right boxes in my book: who doesn’t want to learn French while eating macaroons as you walk down the cobbled streets of Paris? If only it were that easy! Directed by Gustav Johansson and featuring gorgeous typography by Albin Holmqvist, the De Vivre le Langue clip for EF Language Schools takes the iconography of the city and distills it into the basic words that you will need to navigate the French language. The charming atmosphere created by the cinematography of Niklas Johansson is so delightfully Parisian that it will undoubtedly inspire people to rush to French classes toute de suite.

Given my Francophile tendencies, I am biased towards the Paris video, but there are also fantastic videos for Barcelona, Beijing and London that are definitely worth checking out.

6 Comments Live the Language

1. TheDoctorJones February 9, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Absolutely gorgeous!

i’m really damn envious of the production crew on these shoots – they captured some amazing moments and it looks like they had some amazing trips.

i wish there was a different music track for each city, but other than that…spot on! some of the most beautiful typography i’ve seen in a while.

2. minor keys February 9, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Such great videos, beautiful cinematography!! also very nice typefaces. I agree, my favorite is the Paris video.

3. Albin Holmqvist February 9, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Thank you for this lovely write-up! We’re actually doing some more as we speak! More on that later!

Cheers, and thanks again!

4. Per February 11, 2011 at 2:25 AM

Fantastic work, my favourite is the Barcelona video.

5. Go Bag Lady February 23, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Seeing the China video really showed me that when you visit a new place we all resort to infant creativity where the world is this novel place to be explored through taste, touch and sight! Take me there!

6. LWH April 4, 2011 at 3:02 PM

It is soooo beautiful and cute, the most amazing part is that it shows a Paris unlike Paris, so warm n hopeful. <3