7D 2000 FPS

I think everyone loves seeing things in slow motion. The ability to see the tiny details in life more clearly, like actually being able to process them is amazing. I guess it started with bullet time and is now available to pretty much anyone with a few grand to buy a camera like the Canon 7D. This video is astounding to me, that a bunch of dudes on some BMX bikes can make something this incredible. Hands down the best shot is at the :30 mark where the guy is moving at normal speed when suddenly everything slows down out of nowhere. It’s almost like the world suddenly becomes completely clear. I want to see an entire video of this!

9 Comments 7D 2000 FPS

1. yachris December 16, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Cool… although the spots where the biker is frozen in time, but the clouds are roiling, seem composited to me. And the drops of rain don’t appear *particularly* real. Nothing wrong with it, it’s a great piece of art, but may not be as realistic as you seem to be implying. Or I misunderstood :-)

2. Ben Carlson December 16, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Have you seen “skate – shot on red #1347” yet? Similar, equally amazing, and set to a great song. Check it out! http://vimeo.com/1340684

3. Nilas December 16, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Cool video. But the “slowmotion effects” doesn’t really have anything to do with the camera it was shot with. Yes 7d can do a little slowmotion, but only 60fps. This video is pure effects and editing.

4. Adam December 16, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Yes I agree with yachris – absolutely stunning, but it must be composite if it’s slowed right down, but the clouds are rolling over twice as fast. Unless they were filming on a planet closer to the sun or something :p

5. Ben Carlson December 16, 2010 at 4:04 PM

He says in the description of the video that he used an After Effects plugin to create the rain, but it’s still a nice video.

6. Bobby SolomonBobby Solomon December 16, 2010 at 4:58 PM

@Adam & Ben – Dang, I was hoping this all real! Nonetheless, like you said Ben it’s still a rad video.

7. Brian Park December 16, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Not looking forward to when every kid is tempted to do this with their dad’s HDSLR.

8. Trevor December 18, 2010 at 10:11 PM

@Brian Patrick

Don’t worry, I guarantee little kids won’t be able to afford twixtor (which is what they, and everyone else with similar videos, used to slow down the 60fps footage to this point.)

And, at the off chance that they do get their hands on it, good luck to them in trying to figure twixtor out… It’s pretty complicated.