Farm Burger

While I was visiting Atlanta we stopped by a little place called Farm Burger in Decatur. I’m a huge fan of burgers, that and sushi are probably my two favorite meals, so I was excited to try a new place in a new town. As soon as I walked in I had a good feeling about the place. The decor was simple and slightly rustic, lots of natural woods, benches for people to share large tables and big chalkboards with menu options. As it turns out they’re also really conscious of where they get their food:

From our beef to our tomatoes to our compostable containers to our owners, Farm Burger is sustainable, local, humane, and helping to reroute our food system to function more like an ecosystem than a corporation. Our goal is to connect soil, animal, plant, rancher, butcher, chef & you…all in a simple wire basket.

This was true as you could see a list of their ingredients on the wall and where they got it. Thankfully their passion for local and organic didn’t impede the taste of their burger in any way. I had The Farm Burger and it was absolutely delicious (seen in the second photo), one of the best standard burgers I’ve had in a long time. It features grafton smoked white cheddar, caramelized onions and Farm Burger sauce. Sadly I didn’t have the house cured bacon on it. They also had some really great sweet potato fries and the spicy garlic fries with herbs and parmesan were a treat as well.

They also had an extremely friendly wait staff that got me not only one but two sauces to dip my fries in but were just friendly in general. Perfect service, in my opinion. If you happen to find yourself in the Decatur/Atlanta area be sure to stop by.

6 Comments Farm Burger

1. Casey Britt November 30, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Awesome! Glad you got out to Farm Burger. Its definitely one of my favorites. Next time you’re in town I recommend you check out Grind House Killer Burgers. Those two places are my favorite burgers in town.

2. AR November 30, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Big fan of your food posts, Bobby.

I must say, though, post-refresh, your blog has been performing quite sluggishly on my computer (noticable when scrolling). Maybe it’s just my computer haha.

3. Dr. Jones December 1, 2010 at 7:24 AM

Sweetness! we just swung through Farm Burger last week and loved it as well. Sad to see you didn’t try one of the Adult Shakes – I had the chocolate stout and vanilla ice cream. ’twas amazing. Atlanta’s got a few really good burger joints if you ever come back – Yeah! Burger, Counter Burger and Flip Burger are a few of my favs. love the blog, btw.

4. thomas December 1, 2010 at 7:26 AM

shouldn’t it be called “hipster burger”?
    it should be… i’d love to have some burgers there. “unsweet” – “sweet” – love it!

5. trav December 1, 2010 at 2:57 PM

sounds awesome. maybe this is a little out of the way, but if you’re ever in brooklyn ny, you should check out the brooklyn public house for some burgers (and the beer list!). my friends must be tired of hearing me rave about this burger, but i’ve been trying to recreate the best burger of my life for two months.

6. Melissa December 2, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Terrapin! My favorite. I used to live right down the street from the brewery; their beverages are delicious.