‘Give Me 3’ Campaign with Design by Geoff McFetridge

As I was riding my bike home last week I started noticing these extremely well designed posters popping up with the phrase “Give Me 3” in support of giving bike riders at least 3 feet of space on the road. I immediately thought, “Wow! Those look like something Geoff McFetridge would do.” And sure enough, Geoff McFetridge definitely did design it. The Give Me 3 campaign was created in partnership by the LACBC, Midnight Ridazz, LADOT, and LAPD as a way to increase bike safety in the city. I think the image is totally fun and it’s nice to be riding with these giant posters along side me as a constant reminder.

I’d say for the most part my experience biking to work has been really easy, so far. I haven’t had any big problems and for the most part people are quite conscious of where I’m at. These posters are going to be posted up until December and hopefully they stay up for quite a while.

For more info about the project click here.

7 Comments ‘Give Me 3’ Campaign with Design by Geoff McFetridge

1. Alex September 8, 2010 at 3:33 AM

Seems like the opposite of what should be put on posters. Where i’m from bikers take up the whole road, and i’ve seen on more than one occasion cyclists riding NEXT TO the designated bike lanes on roads. Nice posters though.

2. rob September 8, 2010 at 9:28 AM

I have to admit, when I first saw the sign (and before I read the text at the bottom), I thought the biker was a construction worker with a jackhammer.

3. Bobby SolomonBobby Solomon September 8, 2010 at 10:51 AM

@Alex – Not here in Los Angeles. Cars rule the roads here, but like I said, I haven’t had any problems so far.

4. Graeme September 9, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I admit that I sometimes ride next to the designated bike lanes. I really don’t have much choice when the bike lane is just wide enough to accomodate the street’s storm drains and manhole covers.

5. Yukes September 9, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I ride between downtown and Marina Del Rey on my commute, and I almost get hit all the time. I hope stuff like this helps, but I’m glad to hear someone on a bicycle in LA isn’t having near-death experiences on a regular basis.

6. MM November 9, 2010 at 11:50 AM

A little confusing, not his best work

7. Bobby SolomonBobby Solomon November 9, 2010 at 1:25 PM

@MM – How is it confusing? Seems pretty straightforward to me.