Bicycle Bag by Saskia Korver

Lately I have been doing some research on buying a new bicycle and looking into accessories that are designed to be both aesthetically pleasing and functional. Perusing through the various styles of bells, helmets and baskets, I stumbled upon the above bag created by Dutch design student Saskia Korver. When I typed in the Dutch description taken from Galerie ‘De andere Kant’ – where I assume Korver will be showing her designs – into my laptop’s language translator, I received the following brief:

Saskia Korver be inspired could by the military togs pocket and come with very particular pile up in which the line game is an important part.

Right.

Putting aside the dubious Dutch to English translation, Korver’s bag has clearly been crafted to look perfect both on and off your bicycle. Now if only she could design a fashionable helmet for ladies who want to protect their skull while also looking pretty.

FOUND VIA CYCLESTYLE

Danica

9 Comments Bicycle Bag by Saskia Korver

1. Maggie August 4, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Have you found how to order this bag yet? I tried looking through the sites and links attached but had no such luck.

2. Poppy August 4, 2010 at 3:48 PM

LOVE this website. thought I’d lend a hand I’ve got a dutch flatmate if you comment the original dutch description I’m sure I could get you a proper translation

3. Joyce aka Miss CycleStyle August 4, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Thanks for the link back to CycleStyle! I also haven’t had any luck ordering the bag, I suspect it’s a student design and not in production.

Re stylish bike helmets, I have a helmet and various covers from Danish company Yakkay (www.yakkay.com). I get stopped almost every day by cyclists, pedestrians and drivers enquiring or admiring my helmet! Not the cheapest but so so stylish.

Joyce aka Miss CycleStyle

4. Danica van de VeldeDanica van de Velde August 4, 2010 at 6:00 PM

@ Maggie As Joyce has kindly pointed out the bag is not yet in production; however, if it is does become available I will make a note on the site.

@ Poppy Thanks Poppy! The original text is on the gallery website if you’re interested.

@ Joyce Cheers for the link to the stylish Danish helmets – I didn’t know such a thing existed. It’s great to see that there is a company producing head ware that doesn’t look like it should be worn in a sci-fi movie :)

5. Jesper August 5, 2010 at 1:10 AM

“Saskia Korver heeft zich laten inspireren door de militaire plunjezak en komt met zeer bijzondere tassen waarin het lijnenspel een belangrijk onderdeel is.”

Translation:
    “Saskia korver has been inspired by the militairy kitbag and the design of the bags are very special with the use and play of lines as the main focus”

also for more pictures of the design go to this link:

it’s her graduation project so only one made as this moment :)

6. Danica van de VeldeDanica van de Velde August 5, 2010 at 1:55 AM

@ Jesper Thanks heaps for the translation – it makes far more sense than what I was given :)

7. Sarah August 9, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Love it! I doubt she’ll design a bike helmet as we Dutchies don’t use helmets. ;-)

8. Kyra Jean Green May 7, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Please Contact me if this bag can be purchased. I love it.

9. Retha May 26, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Please let me know when this gorg bAg is avail!