The Wurst Outlier Shorts

Lately I’ve been having trouble finding a good pair of shorts, though the weather in Los Angeles for the last couple days hasn’t been too shorts friendly. I got an email from the guys over at Outlier this morning with their new collaboration with the folks over at Wurst Editions on a really rad pair of shorts called the Wurst Outlier Shorts. The shorts are made from Outliers 4Season Lotus fabric which to me seems kind of magical. It’s basically 80% Nylon, 10% Polyester and 10% Spandex so it’s stretches when you’re riding your bike (or you know, working at your computer, ha!) and is moisture wicking and abrasion resistant.

I love how simple these shorts are, they’re a wonderful shade of blue and the red button on the back left pocket is a wonderful detail. The bad part? These babies are $129. It’s quite a hefty price for a pair of shorts but honestly them seem like they’d like at least a couple of years because of the quality of materials and manufacturing of the shorts. In the long run you might end up saving money… or you can just stick to your cut offs.

7 Comments The Wurst Outlier Shorts

1. spassbremse July 8, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Nylon and Polyester, these are for sure some summer-friendly synthetics. You definitly won’t start sweating and humming, naah!

In this pants you probably can pickle your weenie like one of them smoked sausages… tasty and most delicate!

2. Polly Darton July 8, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Seriously. $129? I can’t wait for society to fall already. I’ll stick with $14 Meronas from fucking Target, thanks.

3. Bobby SolomonBobby Solomon July 8, 2010 at 1:14 PM

@Spassbremse – Oh have you tried these out? Cuz’ if not then you have no idea, right?

@Polly Darton – Wah, cry me a river. Keep your podunk shorts to yourself. This blog is about new and exciting ideas and products, not about lame.

4. Polly Darton July 8, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Wow. I can’t type for Spass, but forgive me for joking. They look like fine shorts, just lovely, but when most need $129 for groceries or the rest of the rent they can look a little like plenty of other, more affordable shorts. Sheesh.

5. Bobby SolomonBobby Solomon July 8, 2010 at 1:31 PM

@Polly Darton – Sure, but you want society to fall over a pair of shorts. Sheesh, indeed.

6. spassbremse July 9, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Thanks Polly! :)

Forgive me Bobby, but that was some kind of necessary…

… also because of the last picture. Those pale legs, that haven’t seen the sun for a good while really don’t fit in such short shorts. An absolute no-go, out of the question. At least get a tan before wearing polyester-shorts, otherwise one can’t blame the style-police for busting you big time. :D

7. MZA July 12, 2010 at 1:54 PM

too many days late.. but..
    i couldn’t find any shorts either. the only ones i had that i liked were cut-off dickies.. but i cant even find dickies like that any more. they are all baggy now.

so i got some of those polyester Wrangler dress pants that my friends dad wears to church, and cut them off.. folded and hemmed the fold on the outside, and they look pretty much just like these ones.

stretchy and comfy.