‘Cooking Dinner Vol. I’ by William Hereford

Imagine a cooking show that features beautiful cinematography, delicious recipes, beautiful old French music and none of the bloated egos that currently lurk on the Food Network. That’s the idea behind William Hereford’s newest video project Cooking Dinner Vol. 1. Hereford, along with Ithai Schori, prepare a simple, easy to make feast that has made my mouth water like you wouldn’t believe. But the visual nerd in me is drooling as well because the whole thing is shot like it’s something out of Gourmet Magazine. In his email to me Mr. Hereford described the videos as, “a motion-piece which combines typeface typical to magazines with video shot & edited to feel like a still photograph.”

In the future he’d love to create a series of these which you could view on say an iPad, swiping back and forth between scenes like flipping through the pages of a recipe book. Dear fancy magazine people, do yourself a favor and hire this guy, your cool factor will jump.

P.S. I was so inspired by this that I’m buying a duck breast to make this weekend and will be following this recipe. I’ll be posting photos so you can see how it turns out.

13 Comments ‘Cooking Dinner Vol. I’ by William Hereford

1. Peter Pawlick July 1, 2010 at 9:20 AM

More than anyone else, William Hereford creates the world I want to live in. He is an artist, a visionary, and Southern gentleman. I’m proud to call him a friend and accomplice, and I can’t wait to see what he does next.

See more of his work at williamhereford.com and at williamhereford.blogspot.com.

Great work, Will.

2. iris July 1, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Stunning. God i spent last night watching the cooking channel and felt out of sorts with it. Can’t wait for more Hereford.

3. elsa July 1, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Beautiful stuff- it’s refreshing to see this new breed of home-bred cooks/cooking shows. Not as polished but one of my favorites is Working Class Foodies: http://www.hungrynation.tv/wcfoodies/
    Inspired!

4. Abel July 1, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I’d also like a strong subtle (feminine or masculine) voice over option for practical use… otherwise… perfect. It makes me want to cook! Beautiful piece!

5. Pingback: This is Beautiful « the Payola Collective

6. Pingback: Cooking Dinner Vol. I by William Hereford |

7. vincoh July 2, 2010 at 12:07 AM

This song is such a French beautiful classic.
    I wish I could translate it for you ;-)

8. tibere July 2, 2010 at 9:49 AM

o id like so much for you to remember,
    the happy days when we were friends,
    in those times life was more beautiful,
    and the sun more burning then today.

the dead leaves get picked up with by shovel,
    you see, I have no forgotten,
    the dead leaves get picked up with by shovel,
    the memories, and regrets also…

and the wind of the north take them away,
    in the cold night of oblivion,
    you see, I have not forgotten,
    the song that you would sing me.

it is a song, that resembles us,
    you, loved me, and I loved you.
    we lived both together, I, who loved me, I, who loved you.

But life separates those who love each other, so softly, without making noise, and the sea erases on the sand, the steps of the disunited lovers….

LALALALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA…….etc etc etc…….

—————————————

et maintenant j’ai faim..

9. Pingback: Cooking Dinner and Project Oasis | Inventing Interactive