Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No. 037

As promised last Friday I’ve got a brand new Mixcast this week with a theme that’s quite important to me. This week’s mix is a compilation of songs that remind me/were influenced by ex loves in my life. You know how you’re with someone for a while, and there are certain songs that stick with you and remind you of that person no matter how much time goes by? That’s what these songs are to me. They represent five people who’ve had the largest effect on my life in the past 10 years, some more than others. This is probably the most personal mix I could ever make, so I don’t know if it’s any good, but hell, I certainly enjoy it and I hope you do as well.

I also need to mention that this week’s Mixcast features the photos of Andrea Cheng, a wonderful photographer who I e-met long ago somehow but have enjoyed her photos for a long time now. The colors of the succulents totally drew me in and I knew I had to use them. Plus I’ve had quite a plant thing for the last few mixes, so I thought it was quite fitting.

Here’s this week’s tracklist:
New Country by The Walkmen
Norway by Beach House
Happy Eyez by CocoRosie
Happines is a Warm Gun by The Beatles

21 Comments Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No. 037

1. Anna June 14, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Oh my god, more stunning album art and my favourite Stars song EVER? Yep, perfect mixtape.

2. vasavoircamille June 14, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Tremendous mixtape subject! Love it because I have one same collection… they actually get better with time instead of staying sad! Thanks Bobby :}

3. José Luis June 14, 2010 at 5:35 PM

I hate to admit it but I made somethig similar, the sad part is that still hurts to listen to it, some songs more than others. Great job, nice to see that part of you Bobby

4. José Luis June 14, 2010 at 8:45 PM

BTW, what happened with the cast part? This would’ve been awesome with your voice on it, even more personal, but still one of my favorites so far

5. Andrea June 14, 2010 at 9:15 PM

good choices :)

6. kevin June 14, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Man I can’t remember the last time I heard chocolate.. what a great song though. Excellent mix just like always.

7. Thomas R. Koll June 15, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Yeah, I want your voice back. That’s the whole point of the mixcast thingy.

8. Lulu June 15, 2010 at 6:41 AM

OMG Bobby – beautiful! Your mixcasts 23 – 28 are the soundtrack of a recent time in love – and, great timing, this is the one he’s leaving by.

9. andy June 15, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Yay—KN mix tapes are the best. These are the soundtracks to my weeks.

10. Lee Ann June 15, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Mmm soo good.

Where in the world do you get all of the beautiful pictures from?!

11. annonymous June 15, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I havent heard a few of these, but they are like something that I should have written.

And it does still hurt to listen to some songs. Something so nostalgic about them. Kinda takes you right back to that place, where their hand was still yours to hold.

12. Guille June 15, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Great to hear a bit of Belle & Sebastian

Fantastic mix as always Bobby, although I am missing your voice.

13. rburch June 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Great album art Bobby! I love it!

14. Meagan June 15, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Wow, this mix made me feel so nostalgic. Thanks for sharing, Bobby!

15. English Zoidberg June 16, 2010 at 10:48 AM

cue sheet please :)

16. Bobby SolomonBobby Solomon June 16, 2010 at 11:08 AM

@English Zoidberg – I don’t even know what means…

17. Lee Gallegos June 17, 2010 at 6:55 AM

Bobby,

Overlooking the track list on this MixCast, I have to admit I’m quite excited and I haven’t even downloaded it yet! Seeing the Snow Patrol, Postal Service + Rufus Wainwright songs you picked all in a row was intriguing, but then I saw Something About Us and I had to rush to the comments right away to tell you that I am STOKED for this.

I’ll stop sounding like a giddy school girl and get to downloading already. Thanks Bobby =)

All the best,
    -Lee

18. Melanie June 17, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Oh, gaw, Something About Us. I always thought that was one of the hokier tracks on Discovery until I saw Interstella 5555. I feel like a nerd saying it, but even *thinking* about that part – or hearing the song – makes me get sniffly and weepy. And I’ve since realized that it’s a kickass song in its own right.

Love it – thank you for sharing (it must have been hard).

19. Chris June 21, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Cool mix. Is there any chance of getting this (or future) mixes up as spotify playlists? That’d be sweet, not that i dont appreciate the mix mp3, but y’know, it’d be nice.

20. Bobby SolomonBobby Solomon June 21, 2010 at 12:45 PM

@Chris – Nope, Spotify isn’t available in America, so I can’t do that. Plus I don’t give away single MP3s ever, it’s always one long MP3.

21. Chris June 22, 2010 at 4:45 AM

@Bobby – Ah no worries, shame you don’t have spotify in the states, it’s so fantastic for finding and sharing new stuff. Thanks anyways for the mixes, absolutely in love with that Walkmen track now.