The Desktop Wallpaper Project featuring Brent Couchman

Brent Couchman

I’ve been a bit behind on the usual Kitsune Noir stuff like the Desktop Wallpaper Project and the Mixcasts, and I’m sorry about that. Honestly I’ve been in kind of a funk for the last few weeks, both personally and creatively, but I’m starting to get back into the swing of things now so that means lots of fun new stuff.

First up is this awesome wallpaper by Dallas based designer/illustrator/creative maestro Brent Couchman. I posted about Brent’s work back in January and since then I’ve been drooling over his work. For example this illustration he did of Mexican Coke, which if you’ve had you know it’s one of the tastiest things ever produced and one of many reasons to live in Los Angeles or anywhere near the border. It’s so good. He’s got this great contempo-retro style that I’m in love with.

For his wallpaper he made this awesome argyle pattern out of shoelaces, which I think is so dang clever. I’m also in love with the brightness of the colors. If you put this on your desktop prepare to smile every time you look at it. Thanks Brent!

7 Comments The Desktop Wallpaper Project featuring Brent Couchman

1. Mark Weaver June 11, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Nice work Brent.

On a side note, I’m enjoying a nice cold Mexican Coke as I type this.

2. Don June 11, 2010 at 3:49 PM

I like it. It’s really nice, and something I find rather mesmerizing.

3. José Luis June 11, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Really cool, the color palette is awesome and the shoelace is related to the last DWP about bikes

4. Fabian June 11, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Awesome!

5. Matthew F June 12, 2010 at 3:29 PM

This is great, Brent is great, and of course, Mexican coke is great.

Canadian coke is also great if you’re near the other border.

6. John June 15, 2010 at 3:14 AM

Brilliant desktop design and you’re doing an amazing job creating a very special thing here. But the more times people mention the funk the better it is for everyone. Thanks for that too.

Some funk to scare away the funk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdBtlZtHNew&fmt=18

7. Pingback: The New iOS4 « Rappsody Studios Blog