Bi-King by SungKug Kim

The motivation for our bike day posts actually started back in New York and were inspired by two different things. The first was actually the bike handles you see above called Bi-King (HA! Get it?) by Korean designer SungKug Kim. Now I’m not any kind of professional bike kinda’ guy, and such I think these are amazing looking. It’s almost like incorporating pieces of art into your bike, giving them a whole new dimension. Would handlebars like these make your bike a theft magnet? Hell yes, but that’s not what we’re talking about, we’re talking about sheer awesome looking.

I totally love the mixture of wood with the steel, it’s a beautiful combination that looks both industrial and natural all at once. I know that the antler ones are a bit more impractical, but c’mon, you’d definitely take a second (or third) look if someone passed you on the street with something like these.

11 Comments Bi-King by SungKug Kim

1. Iz May 26, 2010 at 7:09 PM

If I had a bike I’d seriously consider rocking the antler ones.

2. Pingback: My New Bike | Everything Popular is Wrong

3. her May 27, 2010 at 10:04 AM

v.cool antlers, but as someone who’s personally done the handlebar flip (x2) I gotta think it’d be a baaaaad idea for me. I’d impale myself fer-sure.

4. Pingback: RIP’s Next Top-Pokal? « RIP Edition 5: Das Jubiläum

5. Margot May 28, 2010 at 11:52 AM

This? Is awesome.

6. dunkalunk May 28, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I love the antlers, but I’d be too afraid of goring someone in real life.

7. Bruno June 7, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Those handlebars are amazing, especially the antlers. I hope the looks of these have enough stoppingpower, because the disc brakes don’t have calipers.

8. Pingback: Antler bars - London Fixed-gear and Single-speed

9. Pete Smith July 6, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Love the antler bars- nothing like multiple puncture wounds at the end of the day.

10. brian November 8, 2010 at 5:10 PM

@ bruno

i don’t really think the lack of a caliper is gonna matter without a chain or rear deraileur or brake levers or cables, but i don’t think any of that was the point.