Cant Desk and Scoop Task Chair by Blu Dot

I took about 14,000 photos of furniture and products from the ICFF (International Contemporary Furniture Fair) so I’ll be sharing fun things spread out across the week. First off though I wanted to share what was hands down my favorite pieces of furniture in the entire show, which come from the design-y brains of Blu Dot.

These pieces are called the Cant Desk and the Scoop Task Chair, which were paired up during the show and they look amazing together, though you definitely have to purchase them separately. For some reason I totally freaked out when I saw these beauties, something about all the clean edges and the mixing of materials really got me.

I love the Cant Desk because of the mixture of wood and metals. The way the legs descend into their wooden counterparts and the perforated steel shelf/ledge on the top make my heart swoon. Then there’s the Scoop Task Chair which is one of the comfiest chairs I’ve ever sat in. Yet again they do a wonderful job of mixing steel with wood and fabric to create a beauty of a chair.

The Cant Desk and the Scoop Task Chair are going to set you back $599 each and come out this fall, so if you’ve fallen in love like I have you’ll have to wait quite a while to get your hands on these. I’ve posted some official press images so you can getting a clearer look at these pieces.

6 Comments Cant Desk and Scoop Task Chair by Blu Dot

1. Brennan May 17, 2010 at 3:34 PM

I want that chair.

2. Scott May 17, 2010 at 6:05 PM

They are very stylish. It would make my iMac very high if it had to sit on that ledge at the back though…

3. Danny (Konn) May 18, 2010 at 3:46 AM

Wow… looking through their website and some of the stuff on it makes my brain scream WANT! but the prices are so out of my range.

I might got have a little cry.. or get a decent job, haven’t decided which yet.

4. jeremy May 18, 2010 at 8:11 AM

i need one of those chairs!

5. Alphonse May 18, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Gorgeous. Dieter meets the Eames’.

6. mg33 May 18, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Oh wow… that desk is exactly what I’m looking for. I alternate between keeping a large midi keyboard on a bookcase next to my desk, or on my desk, with a Macbook pro opened up alongside an external monitor and speakers. I’ve been wishing I had some way of sliding the midi keyboard underneath them as if they were on a shelf. $600 is a bit pricey for a desk but, but that one is beautiful and would totally meet my needs.