How’s your weekend?

Lately I have spent my weekends undertaking the most mundane and dull of activities: laying about in bed, getting through my weekly ironing and watching DVDs – not the types of endeavours that are worthy of chronicling. Fortunately, I can live vicariously through the photographs featured on How’s your weekend? where weekends are filled with, among other things, eating sushi, searching the laneways of Melbourne for interesting typography, baking, throwing projector dance parties and walking through the streets of a wintry New York. Now that is the kind of weekend I would like to have!

How’s your weekend? is a collective photography project curated by interactive producer and blogger Laura Tjitradjaja. What is particularly impressive about the project is its geographical scope, whereby photographers and bloggers from Europe, Asia, Australia and the United States have contributed to the ever-expanding blog. The effect is that the viewer is allowed views into a wide variety of existences and cultures, producing a shared intimacy that celebrates the small details in the everyday.

The photographs pictured are from Kevin Hayes, Reana Evoy, Famapa and Yuta Nakajima.

If you’re interested in submitting to the project (I naturally assume other people have far more exciting weekends that I do), further details can be found on the blog.

6 Comments How’s your weekend?

1. soo April 20, 2010 at 1:33 AM

I find your posts extremely inspiring.

2. laura April 20, 2010 at 3:23 AM

thank you so much for the nice words, i feel so flattered!!

3. Me Too April 20, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Yes, agree with the person above. I love your posts!

4. Gerlin April 20, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I second that, Soo. Really, Danica, I love all the posts you’ve written on the blog so far. It’s great to see you make such a great addition to Kitsune Noir. Also, I think you have one of the most beautiful names I’ve ever come across.

5. Danica van de VeldeDanica van de Velde April 20, 2010 at 7:22 PM

@ Soo – Thank you! I am really pleased that you find them inspiring.

@ Laura – You’re very welcome. It’s a great project, so I wanted to spread the word.

@ Me too – Cheers!

@ Gerlin – Thanks – that’s a really lovely compliment.

6. Hila April 21, 2010 at 11:54 PM

I love this concept, especially as I often think other people’s weekends are more exciting than mine too (unless you count writing as “exciting”). Great find Danica!