Like Air, Like Twilight | A Mix by J. Crosson

Like Air, Like Twilight | A Mix by J. Crosson
Click here to download

I felt bad that I didn’t release a Mixcast last week so I thought I’d giveaway this little mix that my buddy J. Crosson released. He’s a handsome, young DJ from Canada who made this little mix for me a little while back and I thought this would be a perfect time to give it away.

I know a lot of you like dancier mixes and this is some straight up house, techno dance marathon kinda’ stuff. It’s got a little bit of everything, new and old, and most of all it’s just fun. If you’re not a fan of fun things you should probably not download this mixtape. But if you want something to get you shaking this morning you should definitely give it a listen. Thanks again Jonathan!

1 Her (Original Mix) // Ghosts of Venice
2 Rollin’ & Scratchin’ // Daft Punk
3 Hold On // HOLY GHOST!
4 In The Morning // Junior Boys
5 Favorite Things // The Golden Filter
6 15 to 20 (Den Haan Remix) // The Phenomenal Handclap Band
7 Run Fay Run // Isaac Hayes
8 So Happy Together (Baron Von Luxxury ?’s You Remix) // The Turtles
9 I Will Come Back // HOLY GHOST!
10 Two Takes It ft. Carmen Castro // Mr. Oizo
11 Best Party Ever (Shazam Remix) // Toecutter
12 Serious // Donna Allen
13 Sequencer // Lifelike
14 Runaways // The Outrunners

14 Comments Like Air, Like Twilight | A Mix by J. Crosson

1. Ames April 6, 2010 at 8:00 AM

So this may be random. But… you may of heard of them, you may not like their style, you may not care, but if for that small chance that this band might have escaped you grasp you should check out Good Old War.
    Love you site. Congrats on being awesome.

2. Robert April 6, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Nice :)

Guest mixtapes is a good idea ;)

3. Claudio Montesano April 6, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Well done my friend!

I am a big fan of your Mixcats.

I am looking forward to your next posts.

Big hug straight from Geneva, Switzerland.

4. Celes April 6, 2010 at 11:40 AM

hi how i can send you my mix tape? i’d like be part of your blog.

5. Christopher April 6, 2010 at 2:18 PM

My favorite so far!

6. Henry April 6, 2010 at 2:40 PM

i used to just pick and choose which mixcasts i figured were a good listen. As of late, however, ive been downloading all of them and finding something i like every time. Keep up the great work, loving this blog

7. Chipotle April 6, 2010 at 5:09 PM

You should be working on merchandising or something ’cause I don’t like electronic, house or whatever genre of music this is it, but I’m downloading it anyway, that “you should probably not download this mixtape” is working on me… The artwork btw is out of this world!

8. J. Crosson April 6, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Thanks for the post Bobby. I hope you all enjoy the tunes. Find me on facebook if you’ve got any questions at: Jonathan Kevan Crosson III. Cheers!

9. plefebvre April 6, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Great mix!

10. Sebastian April 7, 2010 at 10:46 AM

This is my type of music! great mix.. i just cant wait for the weekend so i can play it at a party am having,, its going to be a dance fest!

11. Freddie April 21, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Bobby, I have most of the mixtapes but I couldn’t help notice that this one is a bit different on my iPhone… When I tap one time on the album artwork as I play this particular mixtape, a discription of the artist/track/title scrolls up. Really appreciate little details like that let’s me know what I’m listening to. Is this new?… or are all of the mixtapes supposed to function this way? Kudos to DJ/J.

12. dirtybird May 1, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Anything with Junior Boys and Holy Ghost together is a good mix in my ayes. Just stumbled onto your blog, stoked you’re doing a collab with Portugal.The Man. Mighty good stuffs!

13. meaghan May 10, 2010 at 12:47 PM

solid mix, but wouldn’t have known it by your description as ‘house/techno.’ the term techno does not really apply here. i think it’s best when people who don’t know how to sub-categorize electronic music just say ‘YOU CAN DANCE TO THIS.’ just saying.

14. Bobby SolomonBobby Solomon May 10, 2010 at 1:04 PM

@Meaghan – Ok, thanks dance/techno/electronic expert, I’ll be sure to keep it in mind… just saying.