The DWP with Ghostly + Michael Cina: Gadi Mizrahi

Ghostly + Michael Cina: Gadi Mizrahi

Oh Love by Gadi Mizrahi
Click here to download

I meant to post this Friday but the day got away from me, so I’m making up for it tonight! This here is the final wallpaper in this little team-up with myself and my friends at Ghostly records, and of course, Michael Cina. Musically we have Gadi Mizrahi and his song Oh Love, which comes from the I Can Never Get Enough EP. The song is kind of funky, but kinda house-ish, but nonetheless should get your toes tapping.

The artwork is actually the art for the Oh Love single and is a pretty straightforward mix of paint splatters in all kinds of wild colors. I really love this one because you can see the texture of the canvas coming through.

If you’d like to download all of the tracks given away so far in one file click here.

Big thanks to my friends Sam, Missy and Danny for thinking up this great collaboration and to Mike Cina for creating such awesome artwork. If it’s not too much trouble let me know what you thought of this little team-up.

12 Comments The DWP with Ghostly + Michael Cina: Gadi Mizrahi

1. Michael F April 5, 2010 at 6:24 AM

Bobby, the download is for the previous Ghostly post, The Connie Shake by Jabberjaw.
    I totally agree with you on this one, because of the texture this wallpaper is awesome. However my favorit post was the beautiful artwork for Daso+Pawas and their song “Det” which I both just love. Your awesome work and effort is much appreciated. Great little team-up.

2. Anna April 5, 2010 at 7:12 AM

I very much enjoyed this team-up, both musically & visually. Thank you, kindly, KN!

3. Christos April 5, 2010 at 10:01 AM

such a great little project. been obsessed with michael cina’s art direction for quite some time now and ghostly is my favorite label. good job!!! do this again, my iPhone wallpaper thanks you.

4. Lukas April 5, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Great idea! I’ve loved Cina’s work for a long time, though I hadn’t known him by name until a few months ago. His design aesthetic is a perfect compliment to Ghostly’s distinct style.

5. Shawn Khan April 5, 2010 at 5:13 PM

it is good to see you getting into electronic music. Gadi’s record label Wolf + Lamb is a label i’ve been really digging over the last year or so

6. Chipotle April 5, 2010 at 5:34 PM

For some reason this song remains me the old days back on the 90’s, specially Technotronic and stuff like that, thanks for the memories. FYI, there’s an error on the download

7. Christos April 5, 2010 at 9:27 PM

got this one as my iPad wallpaper and the Jabberjaw one as my locked screen image…even checked out the site on it and it looks damn good!

8. Julia April 9, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I’m sorry but when you can create the same thing with any one single set of paint splatter photoshop brushes, it fails to be special or even noteworthy.

9. BobbyBobby April 9, 2010 at 11:31 AM

@Julia – Agreed, except that’s not what he did at all, that is real paint and you obviously didn’t look very hard. Don’t critique without paying attention.

10. André Elias April 26, 2010 at 4:19 AM

Thanks for this fantastic series! Not only the wallpapers were incredible, but the music was pretty cool too. Looking forward to more partnerships like this! :D

11. Pingback: Wallpapers bem legais :) « Angrécia Lekakis