The Desktop Wallpaper Project is iPad Ready

Yesterday I undertook quite a large task by going through The Desktop Wallpaper Project and created iPad sized versions for every single wallpaper.

Currently there are over 150 wallpapers to choose from, as you can see from the mosaic above, and there are still some left out from it. This doesn’t even count the Radiohead Countdown Wallpapers either. So for all of you early adopters you can sleep safely knowing that your iPad will have a good looking background.

What would you choose for your very first iPad wallpaper?

10 Comments The Desktop Wallpaper Project is iPad Ready

1. Matt March 29, 2010 at 11:14 AM

This makes me so freakin’ happy. I discovered your Desktop Wallpaper Project yesterday and am currently using four of your backgrounds on my MBP. Today you take care of my iPad. You, sir, are a giver of great things.

2. Philip March 29, 2010 at 1:23 PM

This looks great! All i need now is an ipad! :)

3. Drew March 29, 2010 at 2:27 PM

The first thing I’ll do with my IPad (p/u Saturday!) will be download one of these. You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

4. Alex March 29, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I can never decide which desktop background to use… but you have just unintentionally solved this problem. The mosaic is now tiled across the screen of my computer so I can have every background at once! Ha! It’s a bit busy but I like it.

5. Woody March 30, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Great news, thanks for the work.

I don’t mean to look the gift-horse in the piehole but… any chance they will ever be 2560 x 1440 ready? My new iMac is missing them.

6. Hendy March 30, 2010 at 2:37 PM

“What would you choose for your very first iPad wallpaper?” -KN

Better question: Who is actually going out to buy iPads?

7. BobbyBobby March 30, 2010 at 4:49 PM

@Hendy – That’s a pretty lame question:

“On Friday, Apple began taking pre-orders for the iPad, and according to an estimate done by the AAPL Sanity Team, nearly 120,000 iPads was sold on the first day alone.”

8. Trevor March 30, 2010 at 5:17 PM

wow dude. that’s pretty awesome you did that. are you buying a 1st gen iPad or you gonna wait?

9. Justin Baum April 6, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I really appreciate this. Thank you!

10. Pingback: I’m not dead! | Make your website love you back: with Sarah J.Bray of S.Joy Studios