Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.030

Holy crap, 30 Mixcasts done and out the door!
It’s crazy to think this silly little idea of mine has taken off so well and that you readers really do love these so much. I couldn’t come up with something super clever this week so what you’ve got is a diverse line-up of songs that I’ve been into this week. I can pretty much guarantee that you haven’t heard everything on here.

It’s also a mini-mix, so there’s no talking on this one. This is mainly due to being up too late, but I think it’s good to have a mixture of speaking and non-commentary mixes. Plus this little guy runs over 52 minutes long, which is pretty rad with no talking at all.

If you have any more suggestions for mix themes please let me know in the comments and as always I hope you enjoy the music.

Here’s this week’s tracklist:
Renegade by Kings of Convenience
Acorn Factory by The Dodos
Baby, I Grew You A Beard by Neil Halstead
Faith/Void by Bill Callahan

13 Comments Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.030

1. Andrew March 26, 2010 at 7:53 AM

For the next theme, perhaps maybe your favorite instrumental tracks from artists that normally have vocals. I think it would be fun, but maybe not in reality. Just trying to throw stuff out, though.

2. Sean March 26, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I like the instrumental idea! There best be some BSS tunes in that potential mix!!
    I love Faith/Void by Bill Callahan great closing track choice

3. Chris March 26, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Hey Bobby, love the distressed look on this one. Awesome work.

Track 1 = perfect for a Friday.

4. sly March 26, 2010 at 10:35 AM

great mix! does anyone else think Bill Callahan is trying to say something in his song? seems like there’s a message hidden in there somewhere … (sarcasm alert)

5. Mark March 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Great mix… I love the songs by Letting Up Despite Great Faults and Reverie Sound Revue!

6. Cat March 26, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I am in love with FM Belfast now. Adore the mix.

7. Chipotle March 26, 2010 at 6:12 PM

I agree with the instrumental idea, I have a playlist with that theme as well, really awesome artwork by the way

8. Pingback: #706 – Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.030 « ? Zu Weníg Zeít

9. MELVIN TECKNO March 28, 2010 at 10:38 PM

She & Him Lingering still is my fav song from the album!

10. Pingback: Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.030 | Dackworld

11. Arnas April 2, 2010 at 6:46 AM

Thanks for the great mixcast again, there were only a few tracks I’ve heard before so it was a good add-on to my library. The idea of this whole thing is worth praising.

Gotta say that I absolutely love your blog. It perfectly matches my own taste!

Keep it up

12. Abby April 20, 2010 at 11:35 AM

What font did you use for the back of this mixcast?

13. Holly December 15, 2010 at 4:00 AM

I’ve started a blog recently and have posted a mix of my own!
    Just curious, what was the technique used to created the “hand-printed” texture? I’d really appreciate the knowledge!