Scott Pilgrim vs. The World Trailer

I kept seeing a ton of people tweeting about the trailer for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World earlier this morning and was starting to get annoyed. I know it’s based off of a comic book, and I love comic books even if I haven’t read this one yet, but I was still annoyed. Then my buddy Ryan showed me the trailer and my jaw totally dropped and I was laughing and getting really excited.

The story is about a boy who finds the girl of his dreams, but then his told he has to fight and defeat her seven evil boyfriends in order to be with her. It’s a hysterical idea that’s more inline with the plot of Dragonball Z then a love story, and that’s what makes it work. Add to that the anime style battles and you can see just how amazing this can be. Plus you’ve got Edgar Wright, the guy who wrote and directed Shaun of the Dead, writing (the screenplay) and directing this, so that’s another huge bonus in my opinion.

Watch the trailer and let me know what you think in the comments.

15 Comments Scott Pilgrim vs. The World Trailer

1. Ryan March 25, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Did I spot anne in the trailer?? A reunion of george michael and anne.!!? I cant wait!

2. Tom March 25, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I was really iffy about this movie when the word first came out Michael Cera was cast in the lead… but after seeing this trailer i feel much better and cant wait to see this.

Sidenote: book 6 in the series isnt released yet, confusing to think which is gonna come first…

3. bbb March 25, 2010 at 8:00 PM

plenty of potential!

4. Juan March 25, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Definitely read the comic if you get a chance. It’s very old school Nintendo-inspired and the art is really good.

5. Joe March 25, 2010 at 10:09 PM

I was… NOT expecting that. How strange… and awesome at the same time.

6. Dillon March 25, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Good grief, Michael Cera can only play one role. This looks like Spy Kids or Sky High for hipsters.

7. Alphonse March 26, 2010 at 10:50 AM

You forgot to mention Metric is doing the soundtrack. Another plus in my books.

Glad to see Anna Kendrick is in this. She was really fantastic in Up In The Air. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is always a treat for the eyes too.

8. Aideen March 27, 2010 at 7:16 AM

I felt the same way you did, Bobby. My boyfriend’s been going on ad nauseum about the trailer long before it came online. But I have to admit, it does look pretty cool :)

9. Dan March 27, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Eeek, looks terrible.

10. felipe March 27, 2010 at 10:53 AM

dont like
    its for nerd hipsters who have a secret crush on michael cera

11. Al aka El Negro Magnifico March 27, 2010 at 10:31 PM

When the trailer was finally released, I was filled with anticipation. Once I watched it, I breathed a sigh of relief. It was better than I expected, and my expectations were high. I figured if the “flinging Scott into Casa Loma” scene was done properly, the rest of the film would be amazing, and they nailed it.

I’m a big fan of the books, and I’m really looking forward to sixth and final volume, which comes out in July.

Unlike some other folks, when Cera was announced as the lead, I was over the moon about that, because no one else would’ve been right. There’s nothing else I want to see this year more than this film.

12. sam spina March 28, 2010 at 12:07 AM

13. Justin March 29, 2010 at 7:39 PM

I just went to a preview screening here in NY last week and it was really wonderful. The movie wasn’t finished, and I think that when it hits it will be a bit shorter but it hit the nerd funny bone again and again.

Also, Michael Cera is starting to look like a scary old lady.