Urban Outfitters x Quoddy Deck Shoe

I’ve been on Urban Outfitter’s press release mailing for a little while now and so I get a bit of a jump on what’s coming out next, which is always fun. So last week I got to see a preview of their spring and summer collaborations, one of them definitely caught my eye.

The shoes above are a collaboration with Quoddy, the Maine based manufacturer who’s been handmaking shoes since 1909. These are described as “Quoddy for UO Deck Shoe” so my guess is this collaboration is much like the one they did with The Brothers Bray. Quoddy designed the shoe but their constructed in China for less and UP distributes them. I don’t know if this is true, it’s just my guess. Update: Whoops, my guess was wrong, and I quote, “the shoes are made in Maine with the same materials and construction process as the Quoddy’s main line.” Good to know.

Either way I definitely love this shoe and I couldn’t find anything on the Quoddy site that was quite like this, so I’m pretty excited. I think the color choice is spot on and that these would be damn comfortable to wear around all summer long. I guess we’ll have to keep our eyes peeled for when they launch.

7 Comments Urban Outfitters x Quoddy Deck Shoe

1. cb March 1, 2010 at 8:10 AM

hand made in maine. all materials from US plants. same make and materials as the regular quoddy line.
    thanks!!

2. jeremy March 1, 2010 at 8:23 AM

I highly doubt quoddy would have or ever allow any construction overseas. It goes against everything they stand for. They’ve been getting much much better with their delivery times and handling their production. I imagine they’ll be around 200 when they launch and made in the good ol’ usa.

3. Stephanie Horn March 1, 2010 at 9:56 AM

I wonder if they’ll have it in women’s sizes… I’d love a shoe like that!

4. dylan March 1, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Quoddy is the best! i’m 1/4 Passamaquoddy + live just south of their HQ, so i can vouch.

5. Christopher March 2, 2010 at 1:45 PM

So very, very pretty. Definitely want.

6. Ang March 2, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Just so you know, J Crew already did this. They offered their ring shoe over the holidays. I’m hoping for the factory cost version.