Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.027

Gadzooks I can’t believe it’s already Friday. I say this every week but I really mean it this week. Anyhow, I’ve got a really great Mixcast for you this week. It’s an eclectic mix of new and old stuff but there’s not really a main theme or anything. Funny enough they’re kind of related to love, so you could say it’s in the ballpark of a love mix, even though it wasn’t purposeful.

I also wanted to mention that the random, weird artwork this week was inspired by this image, which I found randomly. Just something about the colors and layout that really inspired me. I hope you like the mix and check back next week for a new one.

Here’s this week’s tracklist:
Heaven’s On Fire by The Radio Dept.
Singing Arc (While The Fire Dies Version) by Seabear
The Beautiful Young Crew by Lawrence Arabia
Camera Talk by Local Natives
If She Wants Me by Belle & Sebastian
A Time For Emily by The Elected
Love’s Been Good To Me by Johnny Cash
A Chicken With It’s Head Cut Off by The Magnetic Fields
Sleep Tonight by Stars
Occident by Joanna Newsom
Rosebud by Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
Rollin Back by My Morning Jacket

17 Comments Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.027

1. ktinka February 26, 2010 at 4:13 AM

i love the artwork. the tracklist sounds great, too. might lighten up my library day… thank you!

2. drop_shadow February 26, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Has it been a week already. As always, cover design is awesome. Thanks for the good music and good visuals!

3. Chipotle February 26, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Eclectic indeed, nicely put together especially the Johnny Cash’s song that makes the mix even more interesting

4. Allie. February 26, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Any playlist that has Belle and Sebastian and Johnny Cash both is good by me. I’ll be listening to that!

5. Todd February 26, 2010 at 12:44 PM

How do you do the textures in your designs? Are those you textures you have found online and apply in Illustrator?

6. BobbyBobby February 26, 2010 at 2:00 PM

@Todd – I only use Photoshop for everything, Illustrator is my sworn enemy. A lot of the time I find random textures online on free photo sites and sometimes Flickr. Then it’s just a matter of layering all the pieces in the right way to get the right look.

7. Juan February 26, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Super good. Completely agree about Blake from The Elected and Rilo Kiley.

8. Anna February 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM

love the artwork, and you for having my all time favourite Belle & Sebastian song

9. Matt February 26, 2010 at 6:25 PM

I must say, the artwork is always great but this one is above and beyond. Its really lovely. Great job and thank you!

10. Stephb February 27, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Yaye you like Lawrence! He’s amazing live if you get a chance to see him.

I think the NZ site amplifier.co.nz probably has his album for sale if peeps can’t find it.

P.s the raining colours track list is beautiful!

11. Pingback: Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.027 | musicu.be. featured blog posts

12. diane February 27, 2010 at 11:51 PM

save the best for last… :)

13. johnnyfiasco March 1, 2010 at 4:31 AM

Best mixcast yet. Killer tuuunes (yes that just happend, 3 u’s).

14. Chelsea March 4, 2010 at 11:42 AM

This is unrelated to the music, but where do you find the textures for your graphics (if you don’t mind answering) ?

15. BobbyBobby March 4, 2010 at 11:53 AM

@Chelsea – I got a lot of the from ImageAfter (http://www.imageafter.com) and then sometimes I find them on Flickr, usually it’s pretty random. Scanning textures has also been helpful when I need something specific.

16. Chelsea March 4, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Ah oh I just saw your answer above.( I love the music as well. I forgot to say )