Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.025

Since Sunday is Valentine’s Day I thought it was appropriate to create a Mixcast dedicated to love. I’m lucky enough to find myself with someone special this year, so it definitely has a positive slant to it. If I was single this would be probably be an eff’ love mix, but maybe I’ll do that next year no matter what circumstance I find myself in, just to balance things out.

These are some of my favorite lovey songs and I think they work pretty well together. I opted for another mini-mix because you shouldn’t have to listen to my voice when you’re trying to makeout with your potential spouse/date/lover/desperate friend. I hope you enjoy it and remember that love is all you need.

Here’s this week’s tracklist:
I Must Be In a Good Place Now by Vetiver
Lullabye by Ben Folds Five
Asleep And Dreaming by The Magnetic Fields

12 Comments Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.025

1. Mohamed February 12, 2010 at 4:51 AM

Damn !!!

I love this cover so much :D

I’m a big fan of your blog, you really impress me.

Mohamed from Paris

2. Chipotle February 12, 2010 at 7:22 AM

Well, I’m single now but it’s gonna be interesting listen to it under this circumstances, nevertheless is really amazing, both the tracklist and artwork (I know, I say that everyweek, but keeps true, enjoy love everyone!!

3. me February 12, 2010 at 7:43 AM

This won’t download completely for me…only until about the 77% mark. I’ve tried it twice now and I have never had a problem with any of the other 24 mixcasts before. Please help so I can finish torturing myself with the last 3 songs on the mix.

4. Rachelle February 12, 2010 at 11:36 AM

I love this mix. Lots of good picks!

5. saer February 12, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I love that beirut song…great choice!

6. mike February 12, 2010 at 8:39 PM

currently listening to this by the fire and enjoying it :)

i miss ben folds…

7. mia February 13, 2010 at 2:51 AM

i love your mixtapes!! and the last years valentines tape was the whole year by my side.. the only song i missed – my own greatest love song – our way to fall – yo la tengo.. maby next time?! ;)
    wish you a wonderfully valentins day.. with a lot of fantastic music.
    all the best for you..

8. brian February 13, 2010 at 12:02 PM

goodie

9. Cameron February 13, 2010 at 2:05 PM

I love your mixes but in the past I’ve found myself out and about wondering who it is I’m listening to. Since the iPhone only gets the one album art image I never have the track list handy. Lately I’ve been adding your track lists to the lyrics of the mp3 files so I can look them up even when I’m mobile. I don’t know if that’s something you might be interested in doing to your files, but since you fill out a lot of the other ID3 info I figured I’d share my handy trick.

10. Lee Gallegos February 13, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Freakin’ phenomenal man.

Even though I’m sifting through my studies at a local restaurant, listening to this mixtape and sitting across from my significant other is definitely lifting my spirits. We’re making baked brie tonight, and I’m definitely making this our ambiance =D!

Happy V-Day!