‘A Bicycle Made For Two’ Print by James Gulliver Hancock

My buddy James Gulliver Hancock sent me a really rad silkscreened poster that would make a great gift for Valentine’s Day or really any other day. It’s called A Bicycle Made For Two (he’s Australian and doesn’t realize that bicycles are built, not made for two) and features a bunch of sweet looking bikes and fun, random shapes all over it.

It was created along with ReForm School, which is the best craft/gift shops in Silver Lake. They have a project called Student of the Month where they make limited edition objects with local artists, and James was chosen for this month. If you’d like to grab a poster you can click here.

Or if you’re feeling lucky, tell me what the best love song ever written is and why in the comments and I’ll send you the poster for free. I already know what the answer is so if you can guess it and give the best answer it’s all yours. This is purely judged by me and if you don’t like my decision that’s too bad.

48 Comments ‘A Bicycle Made For Two’ Print by James Gulliver Hancock

1. Gerlin February 12, 2010 at 5:49 AM

I feel rather lucky today.
    And I think the best love song ever written was ‘No One’s Gonna Love You’ by Band of Horses. It is pretty sad I guess but just so incredibly beautiful at the same time.
    I don’t know about you Bobby, but I love it very much.

2. Meryl February 12, 2010 at 7:38 AM

This is awesome, because I don’t think most people realize how hard it is to ride a bicycle built for two! It takes a lot of trust on the part of both cyclists, because the person in the back can’t steer and has to trust the lead, and the lead needs the stoker to help provide power.

I don’t know what your favorite love song is, I am sure someone who knows you better might guess. I would put a vote in for ‘Lullabies’ by Defiance, Ohio. It reminds me about those best moments in a relationship, when you are falling asleep next to someone you love and you feel totally comfortable about it.

3. Pingback: nice print by James Gulliver Hancock « 14bikeco’s Blog

4. Melanie February 12, 2010 at 7:50 AM

I’m going to have to go with Muskrat Love by America, and yes, I am dead serious. No, I don’t expect to win :) Just appreciating the awesome mixcast – thanks and happy v-day!

5. Ron N February 12, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Easy… “God only knows” by the Beach Boys. It’s probably going to be the first song at my wedding.

6. Heather February 12, 2010 at 9:48 AM

I Will – by the Beatles. It seems like the perfect song to sing to a sleeping child.

7. Bill February 12, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Best love song of all the is “There Is A Light That Never Goes Out” by The Smith. Asexual Love & death in a darkened underpass can’t be topped.
    Or anything by Ke$ha.

8. maya(animacia) February 12, 2010 at 9:51 AM

right now the first one that I thought of is Amado Mio but Grace Jones version. what about that? :) I would love to have this poster/print in my house.

9. deirdre February 12, 2010 at 9:52 AM

‘Somebody’ by Depeche Mode

10. Katie Fritz February 12, 2010 at 9:52 AM

I Want You by Tom Waits. The best love songs are the ones with simple lyrics. This one definitely delivers:

I want you, you, you
    All I want is you, you, you
    All I want is you

Give you stars above
    Sun on a brightest day
    Give you all my love
    If only you would say

That “I want you, you, you
    All I want is you, you, you
    All I want is you”

Plus, his voice is hauntingly beautiful. :)

11. Tessa February 12, 2010 at 9:54 AM

You’re My Only Home – The Magnetic Fields

12. Sam Ellis February 12, 2010 at 9:54 AM

yo yo yo. easily, don’t sleep in the subway by Petula Clark. Or should I have just picked one from the valentines mix cd? or would that be too obvious?

13. Ryan February 12, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Easy. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, The Smiths.

– Ryan

14. Steve February 12, 2010 at 9:56 AM

I’ve Listened to Caro Emerald’s first album. She’s amazing! I would like to recommend ‘A Night Like This’ for best love song ever, because my ‘best love song ever’ changes every week. Hope you enyou Caro Emerald though.

x

15. Ryan February 12, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Damnit Bill! You beat me to it!

16. Donald Ely February 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM

The best love song ever written is by Rick James and Teena Marie: Fire and Desire. About a bad boy gone good because of meeting the love of his life. “You were cold as ice, sugar, sugar, sugar, then I kissed your lips and you turned on my fire baby, then you showed me what a love can do, Fire and Desire”. Sooo good.

17. andrea February 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Yo La Tengo – “Our Way to Fall”

thing you can’t explain, the moments no one else notices and the beauty of the process. this song always pulls at the heart strings…

18. richiee February 12, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Wicked Game by Chris Isaak. No further comment.

19. Siong February 12, 2010 at 10:02 AM

For me, it’s Portishead’s All Mine. Obsessive and possessive, now that’s passion!

20. bryan byczek February 12, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Nina Simone’s – “What More Can I Say?”

I first heard this song on a long, dark midnight car ride through the backwoods of Virginia…and I had to put it on repeat – again and again…it’s so beautiful and authentic and unabashedly honest.

21. Jason February 12, 2010 at 10:13 AM

I’m gonna pick Ray LaMontagne’s “Shelter”. Though it’s hard to compete with “No One’s Gonna Love You”.

22. Brian February 12, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Wow! Tough question. We all know the king of love songs is Barry White haha but maybe I should dig into an old Dirty Dancing soundtrack? Nah. But seriously, my favorite group when it comes to love songs is The Temptations hands down and instead of choosing the popular choice “My Girl”, I pick “It’s Growing” as the best song.

Cheers

23. Madex February 12, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Joy division, “Love will tear us apart”

‘nough said

24. Krunoslav February 12, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Simon and Garfunkel – Bridge Over Troubled Water

“When darkness comes
    And pains is all around,
    Like a bridge over troubled water
    I will lay me down”

25. cubikmusik February 12, 2010 at 10:29 AM

gotta be Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds: The Ship Song

With lines like these that are indicative of the many measures of love (dedication, devotion, ambition, wonder, etc.) I can’t think of any other song that evokes love more.
    “Come sail your ships around me
    And burn your bridges down
    We make a little history, baby
    Every time you come around”

cheers
    c

26. Thomas Vanhuyse February 12, 2010 at 10:39 AM

I wouldn’t say it’s the best love song ever, but the song that has sticked to me the most in recent years is Cut Copy’s Heart on Fire. The sax blows me away every time I hear it.

27. David Bakulin February 12, 2010 at 10:50 AM

In my humble opinion the best love song is “Belong” sung by Steve Martin and Bernadette Peters in the movie The Jerk. I nominate for this song because the music is just waves, ukulele, and a trumpet and the lyrics very simply express love. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI8NuFAETMQ that is the link to it.

28. Jess L. February 12, 2010 at 10:55 AM

For me,

First Day of My Life – Bright Eyes

The video is sweet as well!

29. Justin February 12, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Sea Of Love – The Honey Drippers. Nostalgic, romantic, classic. I think I’ll listen to this while I drive my 66 Chevelle Malibu home tonight. Still gives me goosebumps.

30. Kajsa February 12, 2010 at 11:52 AM

that is a really sweet print! miss my bike, it lives way too far away from me =(
    the best love song would have to be jason anderson’s “so long”. the chorus goes: “the best thing in the world is to love someone, and they love you back”.
    cheers!

31. Ryan February 12, 2010 at 12:18 PM

CUBIKMUSIK, that’s not even Cave’s best love song IMHO. My personal favorite love song is Cave’s Into My Arms.

32. lizzie February 12, 2010 at 1:05 PM

best love song? “when i’m 64″ by the beatles. its sweet, honest, and funny. what more can you hope for?

33. Jellyfish February 12, 2010 at 1:15 PM

It’s difficult to call any song “the best one ever written” but when it comes to love songs, I recommend Paul Westerbergs “Born For Me” http://bit.ly/9AnLOS – a wonderful ballad with an acoustic touch, honest lyrics and a positive feel to it. But the piano solo is my actual favourite. Modest and simply beautiful.

34. Anthony Peters February 12, 2010 at 1:19 PM

For me it has to be Lovecats by the Cure, it captures all that frenetic exitement of love’s honeymoon period, it still sounds beautiful and fresh to me even though it is a shocking 27 years old!

35. Jack February 12, 2010 at 1:30 PM

“This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)” by The Talking Heads. Especially this version. If this isn’t love than I don’t know what is.

36. Terry February 12, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I Can’t Make You Love Me — Bonnie Raitt.
    Even Prince acknowledges this as one of the greatest love song ever.
    According to wikipedia:
    The idea for the song came to Reid while reading an article about a man arrested for getting drunk and shooting at his girlfriend’s car. The judge asked him if he had learned anything, to which he replied, “I learned, Your Honor, that you can’t make a woman love you if she don’t.

37. Jackie February 12, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Definitely “No Children” by the Mountain Goats. Ostensibly a break-up song, I find it incredibly gratifying to sing at the top of my lungs with my husband. It’s about every bad relationship you’ve ever been in, and how awesome it is to get out. Because of that (and because of lines like, “I am drowning /There is no sign of land/ You are coming down with me / Hand in unlovable hand/ And I hope you die/ I hope we both die”) it is also an affirmation of love for the one great catch you eventually, thankfully, landed.

38. Chipotle February 12, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Come on you guys!! There’s nothing like a romantic ballad from the 80’s, “In your eyes” by Peter Gabriel, or “When I need you” but the Rod Steward’s version. Yeah, I know, I suck at this, that’s probably why I’m single on Valentine’s.

39. AJ February 12, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Rachael Yamagata’s “Duet” with Ray LaMontagne.
    Honestly, it’s heartbreaking.

“Oh lover/ I’m lost/ because the road I’ve chosen beckons me away.”

40. JENN B February 12, 2010 at 4:34 PM

‘He Needs Me’ – Shelley Duvall.
    Originally from Popeye, but also used in Punch Drunk Love.
    Good love song because I can relate to this girl. Her common and flat voice along with the haunting accompanying music resonates with me.
    –Totally underrated song and totally wonderful.

41. Justin February 12, 2010 at 5:45 PM

I’d like to change mine to La Javanaise, serge gainsbourg. Just popped on my iPod as I was driving home. Best love song ever.

42. Alphonse February 13, 2010 at 8:55 AM

As a lover of 50’s/60’s pop, there’s way too many choices in just those decades alone.

I’ll go with The Shirelles – Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow due to how timeless it is. Also because I put it on a mix for someone special.

p.s. thanks for reminding me of that one Jenn B.

43. Drew February 13, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Too $hort – Dope fiend beat

44. shannon c February 13, 2010 at 5:15 PM

I’m going to have to go with a song I heard from one of your mixtapes – The Aspidistra Flies, by Stars.

45. Willy February 14, 2010 at 5:09 AM

I love this poster so much. Really want 2 buy it but its $$ to order to oz! anyway i might as well have my input :P

my fav love song is ‘The Beatles – Something’ simply because the lyrics remind me of when i fell in love once.. the song is so simple yet i think can induce some kind of nostalgia. so i try not to listen to it too often :)

46. Jesse February 14, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I choose the version of Unchained Melody done by The Righteous Brothers. It has so much passion, this guy is totally yearning for the girl he sings it for.

It reminds me of scenes from that show The Wonder Years with Winnie and Kevin, oh teen love…

ps. When do we find out which one you find the best Bobby? I’m curious to see what you think.