‘Facts About Projection’ by Temujin Doran

I got an email from long time reader John Stanbury telling me I should check out a little video called Facts About Projection by a fellow named Temujin Doran. Temujin is a Projectionist in Islington in London, where he works at The Screen on the Green. It’s a really sweet video that gives you a beautiful glimpse into a dying art form. Movies have and still are shown on 35mm film around the country, but the stockpiles of these movies certainly aren’t growing.

It’s a wonderful little video that made me smile, and a little sentimental.

12 Comments ‘Facts About Projection’ by Temujin Doran

1. eric February 2, 2010 at 7:35 AM

The audio reminds me of the song losing haringey by the clientele.

2. Luke Tonge February 2, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Both Tem and John are awesome guys – check out Tems brilliant illustration work too

3. katie February 2, 2010 at 8:48 AM

This is my local cinema – right across the road from my flat – so it’s doubly lovely!

4. omer February 2, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I love the feel of the piece. It’s really cozy, the shots are really intimate, and the music… is perfect. Thanks for sharing this!

5. jean February 2, 2010 at 12:13 PM

best cinema in east london with the Rio!

6. Pete February 2, 2010 at 8:34 PM

I am a projectionist at my local theater, and it looks a lot like this one. I work with a projector that’s been in use since the 30s, and it runs perfectly fine. Even though the technology has advanced, I love the feeling that I’m keeping a tradition alive.

7. Pingback: Kurzfilm «Facts About Projection» — Illusionsprojektor

8. Pingback: links for 2010-02-05 - Nerdcore

9. Keith February 9, 2010 at 6:54 AM

Nice video, the music/narration some how reminds me of the streets mixed with hot chip, very cool!

10. Pingback: Kurzfilm «Facts About Projection» - StyleSpion