‘Vanishing Point’ by Bonsajo

Sticking with this futuristic vibe today I’ve got a really short but amazing little video from the folks at Bonsajo, a Japanese “visual performance unit”. The video features a bunch of random shapes being blown apart and smashed together, morphing in and out of each other and all kinds of crazy things happening. I could honestly watch something like this for hours. Can someone make a screensaver like this for? You’d be my god.

I also really like that they presented it in a square format, something you don’t always see. I think it’s fun when people play with formatting like that, it changes things up a bit.

9 Comments ‘Vanishing Point’ by Bonsajo

1. Chipotle January 28, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Oh my, I love geometry, actually I’m a sucker for geometric things, but if geometric forms are presented like this along with great music it’s just amazing, you just make my day.
    P.S.: I definitely agree with the screensaver idea

2. ed January 28, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Oh my….. that is so amazing and so FRESH! : D
    I wish I had this kind of visualizer for my playlist!

3. Pingback: Watch this on repeat for hours.

4. Nick January 29, 2010 at 3:29 AM

I love the music in this, but can’t find anywhere to buy the artist’s music except the Japanese iTunes store, or their site (which is all in Japanese too). Can anyone help me out?

5. Pingback: film + funny

6. RP January 29, 2010 at 6:37 PM

nice stuff, reminiscent of cornelius’s five point one dvd collection, which i highly recommend!

7. Andre' January 31, 2010 at 8:09 PM

I’m loving the geometric shapes and all. And as to your request for a screensaver like this, it’s somewhat reminicent of the Electric Sheep screensaver project- http://community.electricsheep.org/
    I’ll let them speak for themselves:
    “Electric Sheep is a collaborative abstract artwork founded by Scott Draves. It’s run by thousands of people all over the world, and can be installed on any ordinary PC or Mac. When these computers “sleep”, the Electric Sheep comes on and the computers communicate with each other by the internet to share the work of creating morphing abstract animations known as “sheep”. The result is a collective “android dream”, an homage to Philip K. Dick’s novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.

Anyone watching one of these computers may vote for their favorite animations using the keyboard. The more popular sheep live longer and reproduce according to a genetic algorithm with mutation and cross-over. Hence the flock evolves to please its global audience. You can also design your own sheep and submit them to the gene pool.”

8. grace February 4, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Wow thank you Bobby for sharing that :) I wrote a midterm today and that actually completely made my day. The movements accompanied by that brill music is so refreshing and so fluid and easy. I could probably watch this on infinite loop on my desktop.