Random CD Artwork by Hubero Kororo

Creating interesting and exciting artwork is always a challenge for any creative person, but what if you stood back and let nature take it’s course? That’s what Hubero Kororo has done for the packaging of Uceroz’s newest CD Pappeltalks. The cover at first appears to be a minimal, white cover, with nothing but simple text. But you tear off a strip on the side of the CD which releases an ink packet that begins to dye the front of the packaging a deep purple, the same color as the inside of the CD.

This is such a great idea because no matter what the pattern it creates will always be original and random. This to me falls into the same realm as the cover to Beck’s album The Information, which was had a ruled grid for a cover but came with a set of stickers so you could create your own custom cover. The idea of having a random, original cover is an interesting one that I’d love to see implemented in different ways, even for different projects.

Found through today & tomorrow

9 Comments Random CD Artwork by Hubero Kororo

1. Bryan Heredia January 27, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Very cool idea.

2. Steph January 27, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I love creativity like this! It makes life super fun!

3. Rob January 28, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Great idea, the visual result remind me very much of Peter Saville / Trevor Key’s work for New Order’s Substance, which is always a good thing in my book :)

4. Drew January 28, 2010 at 2:41 AM

Haha this is great! Would love to see people who pick up the album not knowing what happens when they pull the tab, I know I’d jump back a little bit.

5. erin January 28, 2010 at 8:02 AM

i want this!

6. Jeff January 28, 2010 at 10:38 AM

This is so incredible, I feel like such a geek for getting so excited over this. I want to know how the heck they did this… and I definately just placed an order for one. Can’t wait till it gets here.

7. fábio January 31, 2010 at 1:00 PM

what a wondering cover. ammazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Matt February 3, 2010 at 6:32 AM

Glad I looked back through your posts as this helps nicely with the writing of my dissertation.
    You mentioned Beck’s album, a similiar idea is that of Pinebender’s album, too good to be true, which comes packaged with a pencil in the spine so as to draw your own image on the graph paper cover.

9. Kurt February 11, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Kinda reminds me of those truly unique covers to Cop Shoot Cop’s first single. Each one was splattered with real pig’s blood.