Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.020

Happy New Year! It’s 2010 so I thought I’d share some brand new, fresh outta’ the oven music with you. All of the songs on this week’s Mixcast come from artists who have brand new albums coming out in 2010… okay, except Charlotte Gainsbourg. I totally fucked up and thought her album came out in 2010 and I didn’t realize that it came out last December until I was midway through recording. It’s still a really great song, so just enjoy it!

This year should be a great year for music if the following list is any kind of indication. Is there anything else coming out that you’re excited for? Off the top of my head I can think of Arcade Fire and The Books.

Here’s this week’s tracklist:
Boy Lilikoi by Jónsi
Lewis Takes Off His Shirt by Owen Pallett
Love Me Girl by Yeasayer
Thanks Vision by Toro Y Moi
Psyche by Massive Attack
Written In Reverse by Spoon
Lover of Mine by Beach House
Mongrel Heart by Broken Bells
Taxi Cab by Vampire Weekend
La Collectionneue by Charlotte Gainsbourg
Don’t Call Me Uncle by Adam Green
Fortune by Midlake

Update: Mediafire link has been updated and is working again.

22 Comments Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.020

1. Dalen January 8, 2010 at 6:12 AM

It’s scary how close our tastes our man.

GREAT mix of tunes!

2. Grant H January 8, 2010 at 6:40 AM

Exciting,

Just a FYI – The download link says it’s No.019

Thanks!

3. Benjamin January 8, 2010 at 6:53 AM

Whoa, gotta love that new Jónsi track.

4. Mark Weaver January 8, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Nice mix Bobby. I’ve been listening to that Beach House album nonstop.

New releases I’m looking forward to:
    White Stripes (hopefully)
    Panda Bear
    Arcade Fire
    Band of Horses

5. rf. January 8, 2010 at 12:48 PM

perfect mixtape. it should be mine.

6. Kari January 8, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Bobby, I’m a huge fan of you mixcasts!

Don’t know why I can’t be able to listen but to the first track of this one. I don’t have ANY idea why, having already downloading it twice, taking the average time it takes to do so regularly.

Well, I think I’m gonna try it again. If you have any clue of what’s happening, please let me know.

7. Dennis January 8, 2010 at 3:41 PM

yeah, once again a pretty awesome mix!
    I still listen to your beach mixcast (#15) a lot :)

-dennis

8. chipotle January 8, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Love Spoon!!!! Perhaps, just perhaps a new radiohead album at the end of the year, lets pray for it. Maybe it’s time for a new Radiohead’s wallpaper in countdown like you did with In Rainbows

9. BobbyBobby January 9, 2010 at 12:07 AM

@Dalen – Haha, glad you like it!

@Grant H – Thanks for the heads up.

@Benjamin – Gods yes, I can’t wait for that album to come out.

@Mark – OOooo I forgot about new Panda Bear, good call.

@RF – The precious is mine!

@Kari – Any luck with re-downloading it? You’re the only one so far who’s had that problem. Lemme’ know.

@Dennis – Thanks!

@Chipotle – I’ve thought of expanding into new musical desktops, in fact I’ve created a couple for two separate bands. It’s just a matter of finding the time to work on them.

10. Elvis January 9, 2010 at 2:39 AM

“I like it … Thank you.”

11. Brennan Frugé January 9, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Holy Crap that Yeasayer song is amazing! Thanks for sharing Bobby!

12. @jleff January 9, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Not sure what you did but viewing your site from my phone is now awesome. The mobile view is very organized.

13. pierre January 9, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Love it. great way to start 2010

14. Chester January 10, 2010 at 8:00 AM

Hi! I’m a great fan of your mixtapes :) however when I downloaded this mixcast I had the same problem with it like Kari except that I could only listen to the first song and then half of the second song.

Thanks anyway :) It’s a wonderful selection of music. Maybe I’ll try again and perhaps I will be able to download the whole mixcast (I really hope so). Thanks.

15. Ryan January 10, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Bobby,

You are a constant inspiration! This mix is great, especially the Owen Pallett track… I have been listening to Heartland nonstop for the past few days and it just gets better and better with every listen. Thanks for sharing!

16. Pingback: long timing.no typing « Austin.Reed

17. mo January 16, 2010 at 2:51 AM

it looks like mediafire has deleted the file, would you mind uploading it again?
    thanks!

18. andrew January 16, 2010 at 6:06 AM

Hi!

Been enjoying your mixcasts, thanks for posting them! For some reason, I seem to be unable to download this one, it says the file is no longer available for download.

Help?

19. Joseph Lopez January 16, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Hi Bobby :),

The link on mediafire is down:(

20. BobbyBobby January 16, 2010 at 1:56 PM

@Andrew & Joseph – I’m currently working on it, hopefully it’ll be back up soon.

21. Adski January 26, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I know I’m well late to post for this mix but it is DOPE! Great job man.

22. Pingback: FORTPORT » Jónsi Go Do