Laura Williams

A couple of days ago I received an email from North Carolina artist Laura Williams who has a portfolio filled with some rather beautiful patterns. All of her patterns are rather sophisticated feeling and seem contemporary without going too far and looking like a sad pattern you might see in Z Gallerie. I also love how she uses color, a lot of these remind of Fantasia, and I mean that in a really good way.

12 Comments Laura Williams

1. drew December 29, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Oh these are lovely! Thank you Laura and Bobby for sharing.

2. rburch December 30, 2009 at 4:12 AM

I really like the red one on top.

3. patrickb December 30, 2009 at 5:12 AM

w00t! raleigh representin’ :-D

4. Nina December 30, 2009 at 5:44 AM

Beautiful colors!

5. ANGUA December 30, 2009 at 6:58 AM

Beautiful patterns, especially second and third. They would be amazing as wallpaper or fabric patterns.

6. ficuslot December 31, 2009 at 1:19 AM

i like these beautiful patterns and colors.

7. Jane Brayton December 31, 2009 at 7:30 AM

Beautiful!

8. Karen December 31, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Lovely…leaves me wanting to see them in “real life”. If they’re this wonderful on the computer screen…they must be delicious in their own medium. I get an underwater feeling from them – especially the middle one with bubbles and tentacles and floating bits of filigree coral or seaweed…very sensuous. Thank you!

9. Nancy January 1, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Laura is one of America’s undiscovered great talents

10. Nike Scarpe January 3, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Grazie mille! Questo articolo, me lo faccia sapere un sacco di cose che prima non ho capito!

11. SDR January 6, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I do agree about the underwater feel. There is no reason to this, but the middle one reminds me of moving through the water in the Harry Potter book that involves merpeople. For some insane reason I fancy they would trail geometric designs of bubbles like this.

The top one looks like a modern-day version of that paint-on-oil technique they used to do for old book covers. I have no idea what it’s called!

Thanks for the viewings. How does this artwork ‘manifest’ itself, if I might ask?

12. Pingback: Quick Links: Weekly Notables « Pattern Pulp