What’s To Come Hasn’t Come Yet | A Kitsune Noir Mixtape

What's To Come Hasn't Come Yet | A Kitsune Noir Mixtape

What's To Come Hasn't Come Yet | A Kitsune Noir Mixtape

What’s To Come Hasn’t Come Yet | A Kitsune Noir Mixtape
Click here to download

Merry X-Mas, I hope you’re having a nice holiday or are happy doing whatever you may do. I decided that my present to you this year would be a shiny new Mixtape called What’s To Come Hasn’t Come Yet.

This mix is filled with song that remind me of winter, or the idea of winter. I wanted something soft and beautiful to listen to, so I put together this little collection of songs that make me think of snow and peaceful things. The main theme of the songs is a lot of acoustic guitars as well as pianos, which flow throughout most of them. I think this turned out pretty well, though the Andrew Bird song is called Master Sigh not Sign, but I’ll fix that on Monday. I hope you enjoy this and have a wonderful holiday and a happy new year.

Here’s the track listing:

01 St. Echo by Atlas Sound
02 Still by Volcano Choir
03 I Remember by Devendra Banhart
04 Foreground by Grizzly Bear
05 Donkey Ride by Windsor for the Derby
06 Crosswinds by J. Tillman
07 Om Nashi Me by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
08 Movement II: Sleeping Invader by Sufjan Stevens
09 Sir Frankie Crisp (Let It Roll) by Yim Yames
10 Master Sigh by Andrew Bird
11 Saturday Sun by Nick Drake

21 Comments What’s To Come Hasn’t Come Yet | A Kitsune Noir Mixtape

1. annemjw December 25, 2009 at 2:58 AM

Merry Christmas! And thank you, this looks fantastic. Hope your holiday season is treating you well.

2. Martin December 25, 2009 at 6:05 AM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Bobby! Thanks so much for this fantastic present. It’s like a fresh air amongst these summer-warm-rainy days in Argentina. Take care!

3. fede December 25, 2009 at 7:24 AM

I Remember is one of my favourite Devendra songs! I have that phrase written on my wall…

4. colleen December 26, 2009 at 12:46 AM

awesome.
    first of all: nick drake. enough said.
    but i’ll say more, like how strange it is how we associate certain songs with winter and christmas and holidays for years and years and years. i remember being in high school listening to a century of elvis by belle & sebastian on repeat with christmas lights in my room and that song always goes well with snow even now.
    merry christmas and thank you!

5. Mano December 28, 2009 at 5:10 AM

Amazing, amazing mixtape.

Winter being an incredibly foreign concept here in the tropics, it’s surprising how it still works.

Different context, but the association is still there, soft and beautiful.

Christmas lights faint against the dark night.

Merry Christmas indeed. Thank you.

6. Diane December 28, 2009 at 5:47 PM

LOVE this playlist, its my fav. so far actually.

But I wanted to tell you , you forgot to put on the tracklist – Iron and Wine – Dead Man’s Will in between 6 & 7 ….

Happy holidays!

7. craig December 29, 2009 at 6:35 AM

Awesome stuff! Merry Christmas and thank you for putting this together. 1 question though: How in the world did you get permission to put something like this up for download legally?

8. Simon Oliver December 29, 2009 at 6:43 AM

Fantastic mixtape!
    You should create them as a spotify-playlist as well! Easier if people just wanna scan through some of the songs.
    But great work, once again!

9. W December 29, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Thanks for this great mix. Epic.

10. Grim December 29, 2009 at 8:07 PM

thanx for this.

11. chanun December 31, 2009 at 7:47 AM

wow. amazingly seamless.

Thanks!

Happy New Year Kitsune Noir!

12. Bert Hodgson January 1, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Happy new year! Thanks for this Bobby, it has replaced my sleepy playlist. Really nice.

13. wes January 4, 2010 at 9:48 AM

this is amazing

I am looking at a frozen river outside my studio and it is minus 25 celcius..everything fits perfectly.

14. lambert January 5, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Hi Bobby, just wanted to say thanks for all of the great music/art/ideas you’ve shared with us. I’ve discovered a lot of bands thanks to your mixtapes :D And Fanfarlo’s still on my playlist :D
    Keep ’em coming!

15. Chelsea January 14, 2010 at 2:20 AM

This is so great. I was about to add that you forgot to list Iron and Wine/ Calexico – Dead Man’s Will and saw someone already wrote that. Really, all of these songs put together is extraordinary. I’m kind of blown away.

16. AndrewJ January 24, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Great mix bobby! It really fits well with winter, especially when its snowing!

…wish i would have download this earlier

17. Olga February 2, 2010 at 7:20 PM

LOVE IT!!!!!

18. Michel February 3, 2010 at 2:58 PM

hey! thanks for the great mixtape! listening to it now. great job. thanks for sharing!

19. Jon March 12, 2010 at 3:27 AM

A+ for putting Windsor for the Derby on, cant say i liked their new record, but Giving up the Ghost is amazing. check out this mix: http://isokon.net/post/JustGiveUp.mp3 (bedhead, codeine, etc)

20. vale March 29, 2010 at 7:27 AM

tremendeous mixtape indeed !

21. Yannis April 22, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Hello!
    WOuld it be possible to separate the tracks when uploading? I want to replay individual tracks you see :)