Good Monday! I’m sure everyone is getting ready for the holidays, hopefully you’re already enjoying yours. This week’s #musicmonday is filled with some new fun stuff. First off though, I was listening to a lot of Wolf Parade thanks in part to the new Moonface EP Spencer Krug just put out. I still think Wolf Parade is better than his other bands, though Mount Zoomer was kinda eh. Then you have Midlake popping up with their new album The Courage of Others. The album is darker in tone than Van Occupanther and I haven’t been totally wowed yet, though it has only been like 24 hours since I got it.

After that is a band called Big Spider’s Back, and though the name is kinda silly, the music is spot on. This was sent to me by a publicist or reader, I can’t really tell, but it ended up being an awesome album with a Panda Bear/Washed Out vibe. Finishing up the list was Los Campesinos and their new album Romance is Boring. So far the album sounds really fun and I’m definitely excited to listen to it more. It’s definitely a more mature album and they’re not so crazy and all over the place anymore.

As usual feel free to add me on Last.fm by clicking here.

7 Comments #musicmonday

1. fede December 21, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Los Campesinos! are fantastic, and while I agree that the first album is kind of silly (Its their release if least fond of), “We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed” is a work of pure genius, every note is brilliant.

I’m also really exited for the new album, the two singles that have been released so far are magnificent, specially “The Sea Is A Good Place…”, my favourite track of the last year.

2. Peter December 21, 2009 at 5:59 PM

oooo Los Camps new album leaked?! About time.

3. freenandes December 22, 2009 at 3:44 AM

My top three this last week:
    – Times New Viking. I like hardcore in the morning.
    – Broadcast and The Focus Group. The ‘investigation’ album is really messed up and i love it.
    – Aphex Twin. Almost all the ambient works. They fit well in Christmas time… i think all the music i have fits Christmas time… and Summer time… Spring…

F*** it! I just love music. Period.

4. KingTreehouse December 22, 2009 at 6:10 AM

Actually I found the new LosCamp album to be mad boring. Maybe it’s more ‘mature’ but I feel they’ve lost what made them so fun. A mature LosCamp is like a well-produced Wavves….it takes away rather than adds.

5. Dalen December 23, 2009 at 4:56 AM

Nice one on the Big Spider’s Back. I was wondering if you got my email about it :-)

6. Dalen December 23, 2009 at 4:57 AM

Oh yeah, and I’m just a reader and fan of Big Spider’s Back. Seeing your Last.FM tastes, I had a feeling you’d be into it brother!

7. Pete December 24, 2009 at 1:34 AM

The Toro Y Moi album is one of my top 5 of the year for sure, its stunning. Also check out Bibio, Lone and Keaver & Brause too for similar styles. Stunning albums by all of them this year.