‘Alice in Wonderland’ Trailer

The second trailer for Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland went up a few days ago and I have to say I’m even more excited to see it. In this trailer you get a lot of sneak peeks at things that I hadn’t seen before.

To start, Crispin Glover looks like an absolute bad ass. I hope he doesn’t say anything in the movie, just fights people. I’m also enjoying the CGI more and more, it’s almost like a cartoon at this point which is kind of exciting. When you look at Johnny Depp’s face it’s almost like it moves in unnatural way, sort of like when you watch an anime and their hair moves to show a reaction to something.

Then there are the little details. The Red Queen, played by Helena Bonham Carter, leads an army of playing cards, while the White Queen, played by Anne Hathaway, leads an army of chess pieces. Alice appears on the side of the White Queen in a suit or armor, perhaps representing the knight on a chessboard. Then toward the end of the trailer there’s something that looks like a giant dragon, which I’m pretty sure is the Jabberwocky, a creature which was first written about in Lewis Carroll’s Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There.

The film comes out on May 5th, 2010, which now seems farther away then I want it to be.

10 Comments ‘Alice in Wonderland’ Trailer

1. Vance Reeser December 21, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Is it just me, or did the CG get way better since the first trailer? It looks much richer and more compelling to me here. Should be a fun ride.

2. Nathaniel Perales December 21, 2009 at 4:57 PM

I’m excited to. I’m pretty sure it comes out March 5th. Just wanted to let you know.

3. Bryan Heredia December 21, 2009 at 6:57 PM

So stoked, I love Alice In Wonderland, picking Tim Burton just made it that much better.

4. Thomas December 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I’m really not feeling this, which is weird because I’m usually a big sucker for all the things Tim Burton does.

5. Pingback: Hi There Hammy » Alice in Wonderland

6. Emily Carson December 22, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I am so excited! I am currently reading the original version of the book. SO fantastic. I laugh out loud on almost every page. So clever.

Also, wonderfully inspiring blog you’ve got here. Thanks.

7. Colby December 22, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Ed Wood, Edward Scissorhands, and Beetlejuice will always be my top Burton movies.
    But this does look pretty good. I’ll see anything with CRISPIN GLOVER—one bad ass.

8. saer December 23, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I am a little out of sorts about this – Alice has always been my favourite book and i’ve seen (possibly) every motion picture / televised version created. Tim Burton is a name that guarantees to bring a visually bounteous feast – the story has me intrigued tho – our Alice is all grown up??

I’ve never seen this actress before so don’t know if she is likely to do a smashing job or not – in the meantime I am crossing everything hoping the story lives up to the quality of the visuals and the integrity of the book. :)

9. saer December 23, 2009 at 11:55 AM

ok i think I missed Glover in the trailer…where is he??

10. michael December 23, 2009 at 1:27 PM

you forgot to mention that this is going to be in 3-D!
    i saw the preview for it last night at avatar, so it should be a pretty damn good movie, considering the cast, the animation, and the fact that stuff will be flying around in 3-D.