Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.019

This week’s Mixcast is my attempt at a contemporary, indie X-Mas sing-along. The songs on this mix are from all of your favorite indie rock bands, some doing covers, others doing original pieces. It starts out fast and ends slow and smooth. I figure that a lot of you are going to be traveling this weekend and into the next week, so I wanted you to have something to pass the time and get you into the holiday spirit.

I hope you enjoy the mix and hopefully there are some songs on here that are new to you. I think it definitely turned out pretty well and maybe you’ll find some new favorites.

Here’s this week’s tracklist:
Wild Animals Approaching The Lovely Country Funeral by Jason Lytle
I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day by Pedro The Lion
O Holy Night by My Morning Jacket
Lo, How A Rose E’er Blooming by Feist

16 Comments Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.019

1. rburch December 19, 2009 at 3:46 AM

Sufjan’s Christmas collection is really good. I listen to parts of it all year round. It comes in a multi disk set with a comic, songbook and stickers. I’m glad you included him in the list. If you ever consider getting it don’t download the mp3. You’ll miss on the great packaging and goodies.

2. chanun December 19, 2009 at 4:50 AM

thanks Bobby! Have a wonderful holiday!

3. Tricia December 19, 2009 at 8:53 AM

I forgot how much I loved Phantom Planet’s Winter Wonderland.

4. Nick December 19, 2009 at 12:22 PM

I love this. Absolutely fantastic

5. Emanuel December 19, 2009 at 6:43 PM

One of the mixcasts that’s definitely a keeper. Love the mix of temporary sounds, love the classic touch..not to mention the track by my Morning Jacket; stuck on repeat.

Thank you very much for this, hope you have a good time and enjoy xmas.

6. diana December 19, 2009 at 6:48 PM

thanks for that bobby! happy holiday!!!

7. elly December 20, 2009 at 4:43 AM

I’m a long-time listener of your mixcasts so I just wanted to day thanks for introducing me to so much great music every week. I really love Christmas music so it’s great to see a lot of my favourites on this one!

One addition I would really recommend if you haven’t heard it is “Yeah, I know, it’s christmastime” by Andrew Dost. It’s all about the lyrics in the first verse.. thought you might enjoy it as well!

Happy Holidays!

8. Pingback: Christmas Gifts! « flying with anna

9. Kevin December 20, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Thanks another great mixcast! Happy Holidays Bobby!

10. Nick December 20, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Love the Mixcast! I was sorta hoping you’d throw in this song though

even though the lyrics are sorta a downer.

But Merry Christmas anyways!!

11. rf. December 21, 2009 at 2:21 PM

great mixtape.
    merry xmas.

12. Tix December 22, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Bobby – Thanks for all the great music and art all year. I love the photo of all the Santas. Where on earth did you find that?

Hope you have a great holiday!

13. eblouissante December 23, 2009 at 4:48 AM

Thank you from London – have a very merry Christmas and New Year (:

The B&S commentary at the start of that track just made me smile – esp that accent!

14. Pingback: Happy Holidays! - Stickers and Donuts

15. Pingback: “merry christmas!” « POPCORN PANIC!

16. Daltoni December 24, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Thanks for this! It’s really helping me finally get into the mood!