Peseta Ukelele Tote

I’m still in need of a nice bag to carry around my things so I’m constantly on the hunt. I came across this new bag from Marc by Marc Jacobs called the Peseta Ukelele Tote, which kind of looks like it’s shaped to carry around a ukulele. Just a note, I think they spelled ukulele wrong unless it’s done of some other reason. Anyhow, the bag is really cute and looks like it’s made from heathered canvas. They come in two colorways, blue and red-orange, the red-orange being my favorite. I need to head over to Melrose and take a peek and see if it’s worth a damn.

7 Comments Peseta Ukelele Tote

1. Yosh December 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM

In the words of Sufjan Stevens, “A Good Manbag is Hard to Find”. I’ve been looking around for a good thing-carrier myself. It’s hard to find something that’s stylish, affordable, and the right size for the things I have to carry around.

If only I were in the habit of carrying around a ukulele!

2. Carlos Alonso December 14, 2009 at 5:52 AM

Acording to wikipedia, it’s spelled ukelele in the UK (in Spain too, BTW). Also, peseta was the name of the spanish currency before the Euro.

3. Tricia December 14, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Oh my goodness I need this for my ukulele, and it looks big enough to fit other toys too.

4. Pingback: Want/Need: December 14 : Company Pants

5. Mickey Mouse December 16, 2009 at 5:32 PM

What the eff is up with ukuleles lately?

6. Cristian December 17, 2009 at 4:59 PM

You’re right, la peseta was the former spanish currency.
    ukelele and ukelele are the same and both are correct.

Peseta is a design brand from Madrid. They created this bag exclusively for Marc Jacobs. Peseta did two other projects for Marc Jacobs, a purse and a shopping bag.

This is the website of Peseta:

7. jamie April 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM

hi everyone and Bobby
    and thank you Cristian for the explanation.
    great blog!

p.s.: we´ve made a new special item for Marc Jacobs… some bike caps…
    hope you´ll like it