Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.016

Can you believe it’s already Friday? I should currently be relaxing with a full belly of Thanksgiving treats and enjoying the company of my family, hopefully you’re doing something similar.

This week’s mix was created in a bit of a hurry, but I think it turned out pretty well. I approached this week’s mix a little bit differently, creating a big chunk of songs in the middle which go for about 36 minutes or so. Let me know if you prefer this format or if I should continue breaking up the Mixcasts like I have in the past. I hope you enjoy the mix and let me know if anything catches your ear!

Here’s this week’s tracklist:
Lost Wisdom by Mount Eerie
To Anyone by Horse Stories
Criminals (Electronic) by Atlas Sound

18 Comments Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.016

1. Pingback: Gabyu ? Kitsuné Noir

2. Yftach November 27, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Knew non of the songs before, but this one is just awesome!

3. Jon Mutch November 27, 2009 at 8:14 AM

Is the artwork your own? Amazing stuff!

4. julia November 27, 2009 at 9:20 AM

GRAZE! The new AC EP is ridiculous.
    Love the mix.

5. Dan November 27, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Great as always. Tell us about the artwork!

6. Maurits Rozema November 27, 2009 at 10:36 AM

wow didn’t even know you were breaking the mixcasts!!! awesome i asked for that!

7. BobbyBobby November 27, 2009 at 12:02 PM

@Jon and Dan – Yeah, I created the artwork. I found images of trees and forests then cut out triangles and merged them all together. Manually shaded the edges to give it some depth and the added a paper texture over the top of it all. The font is Avenir. Glad you guys like it!

8. Josh November 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Really enjoying the latest bunch o mixcasts… based on some of your selections, I suspect you may enjoy The Gertrudes. Let me know if you’d like me to send you a copy of our Hard Water ep (amusing title considering your “predictions” regarding animal=>water transition in music!). The artwork is all hand printed, which makes it something you may doubly enjoy!

preview tracks at thegertrudes.com!

9. Chipotle November 27, 2009 at 4:53 PM

And the first prize for Best Album Artwork goes to……. I kinda miss the ‘ol familiar voice in the middle though

10. Amy November 28, 2009 at 12:19 AM

love what you’re doing, bobby. beautiful artwork. really enjoy your mixcasts.

11. Dustin November 28, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Have you considered making this a podcast people can subscribe to? Or having a contest where people submit album art for it?

Amazing job by the way as always. Keep up the great work.

12. Lu November 28, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I agree about making this a subscription!
    having a hard time trying to dl from mediafire, its taken 2 days!

13. BobbyBobby November 29, 2009 at 2:11 AM

@Dustin – I’d love to have a Podcast on iTunes which people could subscribe to, but I’m pretty sure this would end up costing me a pretty penny. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think every time someone downloads from iTunes it comes straight from my server. Does anyone know if this is true? If it isn’t I’ll definitely try to work on something for the new year.

The reason I use Mediafire is that it’s totally free, and with my experiences, it is the absolute fastest way to download files on the internet. This might not be true for everyone around the world, but I’m not sure I can find a service that fits everyone’s needs that’s free of charge.

As for the album artwork contest I’ve never thought of such a thing because I have to put the mixes together so quickly. I never know what the theme or songs are going to be. And because I turn these around in a week it’s near impossible to decide what kind of artwork would be fitting for the MIxcast. Maybe in the future I could possibly get artists to create Mixtape artwork since they have a lot more foresight than the Mixcasts.

14. eric November 29, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Yeah a podcast would be amazing. But I understand what you are doing. Good job on flexing your design muscles on these mixcasts.

I’m not sure if you are into dancing dogs or not but here is a video to praise your good work.

15. Lu November 30, 2009 at 11:40 AM

worked right away today and was superfast, Dont know why I was having problems before.
    From what I’ve heard of itunes the bandwidth comes out of your pocket so it would probably end up costing something.

Great mixcast!

16. Steph November 30, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Wow Thanks for introducing me to Jens Carelius – he’s amazing! I wonder what’s in the water in Norway? There is so much amazing music coming out of there. Thanks for the mix, tis lovely.

17. drop_shadow November 30, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Wow oh wow. Just browsing through your blog and stopped dead in my tracks by your album cover artwork. All of them are amazing but this one definitely takes the cake for me. Thanks for the mix and the beautiful cover.

18. spip December 3, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Hi bobby!
    Just to tell u that I went to Paris (France) these past few days and had the KN Mixtapes and Casts soundtracking my “promenades” in the old city. All the umbrellas in Paris didn’t hide my recognition for you, so thanks a lot et continues comme ça…