Makr Angle Wallet

Last July I got an email from a guy named Jason letting me know that he started a small leather goods line and asked me to check it out. Cut to last week as I’m opening up the newest issue of GQ, looking through their holiday gift guide. Checking out their pick for the best wallet you could buy is a wallet by Makr, the company which is owned by that same guy named Jason and the very same wallet I carry in my back pocket every day.

Shortly after he sent me that email he sent me the wallet, so I’ve been carrying it around for about a year and a half now, and it’s still in amazing shape. Honestly, I keep waiting for the threads to break or something, but they’re still holding fast like the day I received it. The style is called the Angle Wallet, and it’s designed perfectly because it makes you edit all the crap out of your wallet, like too many store coupon cards and random business cards.

As GQ describes it, and as I can testify, “Like a pair of leather long-wings, this wallet breaks in and gets better every day.” Congrats Jason!

10 Comments Makr Angle Wallet

1. Luke November 25, 2009 at 3:20 AM

This is rad. Kinda reminds me of my iPhone Freitag sleeve. Easy access is all the rage!

2. ketanest November 25, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Had one of them aswell…had to pay a lot of import duty (live in berlin)…probably cause its made out of leather.
    Unfortunately I lost it in Berghain

3. ketanest November 25, 2009 at 7:45 AM

oh forgot… don’t know if you already know it but http://www.hardgraft.com/ is also a nice address for handmade bags/cases

4. Kyle November 25, 2009 at 8:06 AM

I love Makr. I’ve had my Makr “One Wallet” for over a year now too and it’s in amazing shape. Just enough room for my subway card, a couple of credit cards and my id. Perfect.

5. aldo November 25, 2009 at 10:23 AM

I’ve also had an angle one for more than a year now. I wanted the Ox Blood one (which there were always only one or two available) and Jason sent me another color/version that wasn’t on the site that he said he personally used himself.

I’ve gone through many wallets looking for the perfect one and finally found it. It’s aging beautifully, getting lots of compliments, just the right size for about 4 cards and some cash and will probably last me forever.

6. Kevin November 25, 2009 at 11:43 PM

Makr makes some of the best stuff out there. I’ve been using the angle wallet and it is design perfection. It gets better looking with each passing day. Jason – you rock!

7. Blank Label November 28, 2009 at 5:17 PM

its still not as good as a money clip, but it’s halfway there (between wallet and money clip. as long as it is slimming and not too bulky that’s all that really matters =)

8. Phil K May 24, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Jason at MAKR.com makes minimalistic, yet very functional and elegant leather wallets. I just recently received four of them, the Flap, Vertical Pocket, Angle, and Horizon Two. The wallets that I have are made with Horween Chromeexcel leather. I chose the Ox Blood color for three of them, and Bark in the fourth one. I don’t have a lot of money to throw around, but I have no regrets about buying these wallets. I can not ever imagine wanting another wallet, as these are the perfect design and quality that I didn’t realize that I have been looking for. BTW…Horween Leather makes awesome leather for many companies (www.horween.com). And Nick has been very good with returning emails and responding to Blogs.

9. miguel May 29, 2011 at 10:43 AM

what type of leather is the wallet in the picture made with? is it the ox blood?

10. Bobby SolomonBobby Solomon May 29, 2011 at 12:28 PM

@Miguel – You’re right, it’s Oxblood.