‘An Owl With Knees’ by The Books

Tonight I’ll be seeing The Books in concert at the Masonic Lodge in the Hollywood Forever Cemetary and I couldn’t be more excited. I think the last time they played in LA, or at least to my knowledge, was something like three years ago at The Getty Center or Villa and it sold out in no time and I wasn’t able to see them. There’s just something about The Books that really make me happy, they don’t really make music like anyone else.

Above is the video for An Owl With Knees which is probably one of my favorite songs. It’s not an amazing video by any means, but it’s certainly wonderful to sit back and watch. You can find this song on their album Lost and Safe.

10 Comments ‘An Owl With Knees’ by The Books

1. rburch November 23, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I have Lost and Safe, and really like it. The video above on the other hand isn’t that great. I bet seeing them live is good though. I hope you have a good time.

2. Nick Wilson November 23, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I’m pretty excited about the show tonight as well. I’ve never seen them live and have been looking forward to it quite a bit.

3. cm November 23, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Cool! They just played at my university up in northwest WA on Saturday. It was definitely one of the best shows I’ve been to (and only $7!)–this song was the closer. So good. But man, they must’ve done some serious road tripping to be in LA tonight! Enjoy!

4. Sharan November 23, 2009 at 9:28 PM

EXCITING! They are coming to my town, Auckland, New Zealand, early next year too! YAY!

5. Peter November 23, 2009 at 10:41 PM

SO JEALOUS. I saw them back in April for free at The University of Vermont, it was easily one of the best concerts I’ve been to.

6. Paloma November 24, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Awesome. Will being seeing them for the first time here in Milwaukee, super excited about it.

7. Pingback: the books « A dice&dice blog by mikey

8. Chad Kouri November 24, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Saw them a few months ago at the Museum of Contemporary Arts Chicago. So good. Hope you enjoyed it.

9. Franco Campese November 24, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Ahh I saw them a while ago at The Somerville Theater. It was a beautiful and funny experience. I hope you had a great time. Possibly one of the best concerts I’ve been too.