Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.012

It’s Friday, aren’t you excited? This week’s Mixcast is just a crop of songs that I enjoy and or have been enjoying lately. There’s no real theme, it’s just a bunch of music to dance around to or enjoy while you’re cleaning the house. The first chunk of music should keep you going and the second half brings it back down again, with the last song totally making you feel like all is right in the world.

Next week is Mixcsat No.013 and it’s going to be a special Halloween Mixcast! Isn’t it funny how it worked out that way? We’ll also be having a very special artist creating the covers, something new I’ve been wanting to try.

Here’s this week’s tracklist:
Regina Holding Hands by White Denim
Caspian Can Wait by The Velvet Teen
Electronic Renaissance by Belle & Sebastian
IRM by Charlotte gainsbourg
The Hazards of Love 3 (Revenge!) & The Wanting Comes in Waves by The Decemberists
Wrapped in Piano Strings by Radical Face
Some of Them Were Superstitious by Midlake
Big Chair by Travis
Smoke Like Ribbons by Ugly Cassanova
We Sleep on the Porch by Joel P West
Honeymoon by Phoenix

18 Comments Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.012

1. Chipotle October 23, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Downloading 10.5 of 83.4 Mb…… I was checking out your blog all day long for this week’s mixcast. The covers are pretty amazing, did you made it??? About the tracklist sounds interesting, specially The Decemberist, Travis and Phoenix, cool bands. Congrats, you did it again!!!! By the way, early i was thinking about to do some cleanin’ on my apartment tomorrow morning, now i have a soundtrack to do so.

2. BobbyBobby October 23, 2009 at 7:14 PM

@ Andrew S. – No.

3. AndrewS October 23, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Aw, well I still love your mixes. Keep ’em coming. Maybe a dance mix will happen.

Love all your choices by the Midlake, Decemberists, Ugly Cassanova, even B&S (haven’t listen to them in ages).

4. BobbyBobby October 23, 2009 at 8:30 PM

@AndrewS – Did you listen to the last mixtape by any chance? I’d say it’s pretty dance-y! I actually have a friend who put together a nice mix that I’ll be releasing soon that might quench your thirst.

5. runer October 24, 2009 at 1:17 AM

Hello Kitsune Noir,
    Your mixes are truly inspiring. I put them on all the time. I love being able to start a mix and know that I do not have to worry about what comes on for the next hour or so. However I have found a spot in my day that could use a little more mixcast noir style. Do to the increase in colder weather here in Utah, and the lack of a workout noir mix, I come here to plead for a workout mix as a means of inspiration with the hopes to inspire more running habits long into the winter weather. I trust your ability and patiently await a kitsune noir workout mix if it is something you decide to aid society with.

6. runer October 24, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Bobby,
    Sorry about asking you to put together a workout mixcast, I think it would be cool, but I just read some other posts asking you to put together a mix for them with what they want and your mixes are already so awesome. The point I want to make is, you just keep doing what you do, cause your good at it. Love the mixes keep them up! proud supporter.

7. Andy October 24, 2009 at 3:07 AM

love listening to your mixcasts while being on my way through “san” frankfurt am main/ germany. thx so much!

8. felipe October 24, 2009 at 6:35 AM

nice covers:D

white denim rocks

9. Leyo October 24, 2009 at 7:00 AM

Bobby, not sure I spotted them on prior mixcasts but now is the time: Horrors !

10. J F*E October 24, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Honeymoon is brilliant!
    one of my all time favorites
    good choices all around

cheers

11. Dawn October 24, 2009 at 5:21 PM

I love this week’s mixcast thanks! I always look forward to awesome music put together by you and your creative album artwork. Definitely made my day!

12. Elvis October 26, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Thank you!

13. Chris Leeuw October 26, 2009 at 3:23 PM

I was beefing with my ladyfriend all weekend and it was nice to retreat to the sanctity of my car with this in stereo.

14. Emanuel November 1, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Ok, a bit late but just wanted to say this is the second mixtape i’ve downloaded and i think i should go back to no.1 and get them all. Really love this one, the choices of the previous one were a bit out of my likings but still enjoy listening to different kinds of music. I also checked out joel west’s site, really cool stuff.
    Keep up the good work. Greetings from London.

15. WILL November 18, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Hey Bobby

Thanks for introducing me to the music of Joel P west, after hearing his tune on your Mixcast i went to his website and found out about the Dust Jacket Project. .. the next day I had his amazing album for free !!!

Also – you may have already heard of this website ?

Its really cool for discovering new tunes – i’m LOVING the Vampire Weekend VS Miike Snow – The Kids Don’t Stand A Chance Remix … perhaps the inspiration for a ‘Remixcast’ ???

Ok … Taxiiiiiii