Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.010

Happy Friday, I hope you’re having a good day so far. This week’s mixtape is just an eclectic mix of new stuff I’ve been listening to and enjoying. Some of it’s brand new and some songs are just kinda’ new, but I think they’re all pretty good. If you’re looking for some new albums to get, I’d suggest listening to this for some inspiration.

There are a few changes with this Mixcast as well. As you can see there is a front and back cover now. Some of you had asked for a song listing to go with the MP3, so here you are. There’s also some music playing lightly while I speak, so hopefully this cuts down on ambient sounds a bit. The mix is 11 songs long and comes in at over 52 minutes, so there’s a whole lot of music to listen to.

If you really enjoy a certain song let me know in the comments, I’m always curious what stands out.

Here’s this week’s tracklist:
Singing Joy to the World by Fruit Bats
Worried Shoes by Karen O and the Kids
Love Song for Buddy by Headlights
His Masters Voice by Monsters of Folk

23 Comments Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.010

1. John Dyer October 9, 2009 at 4:33 AM

Just started listening and enjoying the first few tracks :)

Any chance of this ending up on iTunes or at least a seperate rss feed so I can get it as a podcast?

2. João Moreno October 9, 2009 at 4:57 AM

There’s nothing like a work-free friday while discovering a new Mixcast.

Have a nice day, Bobby. :)

3. Catie October 9, 2009 at 7:18 AM

Yay, thank you! Love the Fruit Bats.

Also, thank you for your mixcast a couple weeks ago … the one that starts out with “The Day We Left Town.” I wasn’t familiar with Magnet, but I’m loving their music now.

4. Raphael October 9, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Thanks for the Mixcast ! Great one !
    It could be great to have a version with 12 tracks to burn it, and change tracks instead of going forward and backward on a single track in the car ! But i think i ask too much…

5. etrine October 9, 2009 at 11:35 AM

OOoohhh, this one is good! Just what I needed at work today.

6. Jeff October 9, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Best Mixcast yet! Definitely getting me fired up to see Dr. Dog this weekend.

7. g October 9, 2009 at 2:40 PM

i’m pretty sure the mixcast will be awesome (haven’t given it a listen yet) but i just had to say the album art is absolutely stunning.

8. BobbyBobby October 9, 2009 at 2:47 PM

@John – I’m working on getting these on iTunes as podcasts, that’s the next step. Unfortunately I’m not too saavy with the podcasting so it’s been slow.

@Catie – Magent is great, and that song is one of his absolute best!

@Raphael – Sadly the format is going to be one long MP3 forever. Giving away single tracks is an easy way to get sued or have the mixes taken down, plus it’s supposed to be like an old Mixtape.

@Jeff – I’m jealous! I’d love to see Dr. Dog!

@G – Thanks! The photos were taken with my old Lomo LC-A right outside of Haight Ashbury.

9. BobbyBobby October 9, 2009 at 4:20 PM

@Colin – This looks great Colin, thanks for the help.

10. Chipotle October 9, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Hi Bobby, great mixcast, probably one of my favorites. Just last night I was sending you a email about Karen O and The Kids and their amazing soundtrack and look at that, they´re on this mixcast!!!!!!! Great job.

11. Chipotle October 9, 2009 at 5:00 PM

By the way, is it me or this one is just a 17 minutes mixcast?? I was listening it and after 17 minutes it started again :(

12. BobbyBobby October 9, 2009 at 5:04 PM

@Chipotle – Sounds like your file was corrupted when you downloaded it. Try downloading it again, should fix the problem.

13. Chipotle October 9, 2009 at 5:09 PM

@ Bobby, you were right, I just downloaded it again and works like a charm, thanks!!

14. Paras G. October 9, 2009 at 11:32 PM

I like how you’ve used the ‘pigeons taking to flight’ photograph for the cover. Nice use of texture on the blue-green rounded box too.

15. Peter October 10, 2009 at 11:33 AM

If you need any help setting up a podcast in iTunes, let me know. I’ve done a few. It’s not difficult at all. Email me if you want help. BTW, yours is the only music I have in my iPhone. Always awesome! Thanks!

16. Lucerne October 10, 2009 at 9:20 PM

This is my favorite mixcast yet! I’m loving the beginning especially–the sunglasses and home songs.

Thanks SO MUCH BOBBY

17. Buddy October 11, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Hey Bobby,

The Kitsune Noir Mixcast turnt into a fix part of my weekend.

It goes along with me the whole week,… until the next friday

Number 10 is my favourite so far!…

Keep it up…

Greetings from Cologne, Germany

18. Gerritt October 12, 2009 at 7:36 AM

I’ve been following your blog for years but this is the first time I downloaded the Mixcast. I’m glad I did, thanks for sharing your music with us.

19. allyson October 13, 2009 at 11:55 AM

I was away from the computer all weekend and just downloaded the mixcast.
    SPOT ON!
    Thanks Bobby.
    I recently saw Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros at a small venue in Lyons Colorado.
    They were amazing and Home is my fav.

you do such good work …

20. Deanna Pellerin October 15, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Hey Bobby, I know there’s a couple covers on here. Have you heard the cover of “Maps” by Arcade Fire? It’s pretty decent, you should check it out.

21. eblouissante October 21, 2009 at 8:12 AM

I really adore this mix – thank you so much (: The songs – especially the quiet and quirky ones toward the end just make me smile!

22. Justin van Zyl February 7, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I’m busy catching up on the mixcasts, and this is my favourite one. Great Job bobby.

regarding the having them as podcasts, what I do (and what you or others can do) is add them into itunes, bring up the information window and in the options tab change media kind to podcast. Voila, they appear in the podcasts list.

Once again, great podcast bobby.