Kevin Cyr’s Camper Bike

I was first introduced to Kevin Cyr’s work through his contribution to 20×200, I’m a proud owner of his ice cream truck. But he’s taken his work to another level with this creation, a Camper Bike. He’s created a tiny mobile house, essentially, which has some of the most basic elements you’d need to survive. He’s also created a series of paintings around it as well, which are just as beautiful as ever.

I would love to know if he actually transformed the inside like the blueprint shows or if he only created the outside. There are no photos of the inside, so I’m not sure. Anyhow it’s a really great idea. I also love his Camper Kart, which is an even smaller version of this one using a shopping cart.

13 Comments Kevin Cyr’s Camper Bike

1. ShaunZi September 5, 2009 at 8:43 PM

it’s awesomne

2. Mark September 6, 2009 at 6:32 AM

lol…quality, what more could you want!

3. Pingback: Camper Bike | Feeder

4. Pingback: What does Minimalism really mean? « The Everyday Minimalist

5. Pingback: +KN | Kitsune Noir » Kevin Cyr’s Camper Bike | ?????? ????!

6. Vinnie January 3, 2010 at 9:51 PM

im such an avid bike ride, i would do anything for something like this!! so cool, big ups.

7. Pratish January 4, 2010 at 2:39 AM

awesome!
    i want!!

8. Dimitri January 11, 2010 at 3:49 AM

Excellent :)

9. Pingback: Viaja con Kevin Cyr « Caroline Boerjesson's Blog

10. atreju March 20, 2010 at 4:13 AM

does anybody have an idea, how heavy is that?** i loved the idea, me bones and instruments&stuff being safe under the rain, it must weigh a lot though?,,,

11. Renata March 26, 2010 at 7:41 PM

This is genius. I imagine it being difficult for certain traffic, however, and it looks a bit wide for bike lanes- but I can see how a more narrow model would cause problems. Turn signals and rear view mirrors would make it safer.
    Thinking about hilly areas, I’d be interested in knowing how much it weighs.

12. Pingback: Arte a pedal: 10 proyectos con bicicletas | Monkeyzen