Official American ‘Ponyo on a Cliff’ Trailer

Oh man, oh wowie! Here’s the first official, full length trailer for the American release of Ponyo on a Cliff, which I guess is just Ponyo now. I’m so totally excited to see this, even more then I was before, the trailer definitely doesn’t disappoint. I’m seriously just sitting here grinning like an idiot. I don’t even have anything more to say, just watch the trailer and let the awesome wash over you.

15 Comments Official American ‘Ponyo on a Cliff’ Trailer

1. Adam August 1, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Awesome trailer! Thanks for posting that. I have been looking forward to this.

2. jamie August 1, 2009 at 5:22 PM

gahh miyazaki is a genius!

3. Eric D August 1, 2009 at 8:05 PM

@ Jonathan Goldberg

Really dude? LOL

4. Luci August 2, 2009 at 4:52 AM

I went and saw it today at the Film Festival in my town – subtitled and glorious. Simply adorable, you are totally going to love it! I can’t wait to see it again and I only just watched it.

5. Jack August 2, 2009 at 4:55 AM

I watched the japanese version last night. It was truly amazing. 170,000 panels all hand-drawn by Miyazaki!

I still think My neighbour Totoro and Spirited Away are his best works. This film is completely different from anything he’s done so far. It’s very childish in comparison to Howl’s Moving Castle or Princess Mononoke and yet me and my friend still sat there going “oh my god oh my god AWESOME ” .

6. miss lissie August 2, 2009 at 11:55 AM

i would love it more if it didn’t contain a cyrus and a jonas as voice talent :(

because i think this has wonderful potential, and i LOVED ‘spirited away’ and ‘my neighbour totoro’. this looks adorable.

7. felipov August 2, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Absolutely loved it.
    Miyazaki goes back to Totoro’s sweetness and childness.
    Love him and all his work.

8. Pingback: American trailer for Ponyo On The Cliff |

9. Chris August 4, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Woah! Can’t wait – Miyazaki can really get inside a kids head I think – He always strikes the balance between menace and wonder that children can handle often a lot better than adults can; both in film and in real life. True genius.

10. Alia August 4, 2009 at 6:47 AM

I saw this last week and loved it – DON’T watch it dubbed over, it’s a beautiful movie that deserves to been seen in the native Japanese.

11. Mackenzie August 4, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Oh god!

I am so excited for this movie! It really looks amazing!

12. ilmari August 4, 2009 at 9:31 AM

the instrumental tones at the end are a derivative of the Ponyo theme song from the Japanese release, believe me it was EVERYWHERE in Japan at the time.

also it dangerously catchy.

13. Jonas August 4, 2009 at 11:43 AM

I saw this at Comic-Con, the full length screening, and it was AWESOME!!

14. Haruspex August 8, 2009 at 1:27 PM

The voice acting in the English version sounds pretty poor. I saw the Japanese version and loved it to death, highly recommended.

15. Michelle August 24, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Should only be watched in japanese with subtitles. The american version doesn’t work for me. Especially with the horrendous song that comes along with the credits.