Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.001

I threw out the idea of a podcast a couple weeks ago on my Twitter, asking if anyone thought it would be worth a damn. I got some good feedback, so I thought I’d create one that’s more me, so I created the Kitsune Noir Mixcast. The mixcast is a culmination of the songs I’m currently listening to or feel like sharing, sort of like a my own little radio program. The idea is to release a mixcast every Friday so that you can go into the weekend with some new tunes to listen to.

It’s a bit odd hearing my own voice with the music, and I was kind of nervous recording this one, but I’m sure that I’ll get the hang of it all soon enough. For now it’s just going to be me and the music, but I have some ideas in the future for some guest appearances and things like that. It also runs about a half an hour, which is kind of short, but I think I might be able to expand upon that with more songs and more commentary.

I’ve given you two different options as well, you can choose to download the mixcast from Mediafire, or you can sit on the page and listen to it, whatever level of commitment you’re comfy with. Let me know what you think, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Here’s this week’s tracklist:

Walkabout (w/ Panda Bear) by Atlas Sound
Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want by She & Him
A Teenager in Love by The Pains of Being Pure At Heart
Hairy Candy by Tobacco
Calypso Gold by Princeton
Arrows by Reverie Sound Revue
Warm Heart of Africa (w/ Ezra Koenig) by The Very Best
Solitude by Girls

31 Comments Kitsune Noir Mixcast / No.001

1. Theo July 31, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Sorry to say, but I think your mixcast exploded your website.

2. Philip July 31, 2009 at 12:07 AM

This is terrific. I’m so glad that 12.01 PST is 9.01 CEST. What a great way to start the day. Fridays just got great.

3. Corey Thompson July 31, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Mixcast is an amazing idea, but yeah it seems to have exploded your site. Everything is aligned to the left and sidebar is at bottom. Also I think the track is Warm Heart of Africa. Keep Friday rad.

4. rachel vogel July 31, 2009 at 12:43 AM

this is absolutely rad, i love it

5. BobbyBobby July 31, 2009 at 1:19 AM

Sorry about the explosion, I had a stray div tag that made everything go nutso. Hope you all continue liking it!

6. victor July 31, 2009 at 2:51 AM

Don’t worry, your voice is just great! And I totally agree with Philip: “What a great way to start the day!!”

7. Thomas July 31, 2009 at 4:54 AM

I’m really liking this!

8. Jordy July 31, 2009 at 5:26 AM

this is great! thanks for putting it together. you should check out “stillness is the move” by dirty projectors. i think you would like it.

9. tara July 31, 2009 at 7:47 AM

this mix made my day :) much appreciated, these musical gestures

10. Sarah July 31, 2009 at 8:23 AM

I’m really pumped on this! I really love the radio show format you’ve chosen with the music and bits of commentary. Another reason to look forward to Fridays!

11. Vance Reeser July 31, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Very cool – I enjoyed it. Looking forward to more!

I do a mixtape in GB kind of like this too but instead of talking between songs I draw while I make it and make my sketch the album art. Its alot of fun.

12. Christian July 31, 2009 at 9:45 AM

I’m digging this mixcast project! Main reason for bookmarking your site a few months back was because of the music sampling you do, and now to have a weekly mixcast would be awesome! THNX!

13. CTS July 31, 2009 at 10:40 AM

LOVE the music. Great idea!
    Keep up the solid work–

14. Alex Cornell July 31, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Very cool Bobby, keep it up!

15. Jeff July 31, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Very cool. I’d love to see some of your “cover art” to go with these.

16. Keghan July 31, 2009 at 3:43 PM

I love it, I check your site every day now I have something to look forward to on Fridays.

17. nerdski July 31, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Good stuff, keep it up!

18. BobbyBobby July 31, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Sorry everyone, the artwork is up now, I didn’t realize it wasn’t loading. Glad you’re all enjoying it so far!

19. Sharpie July 31, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Your voice is like butter. Are you single?

20. kat July 31, 2009 at 8:23 PM

really awesome! I look forward to more

21. Jillian Haferty August 1, 2009 at 3:46 AM

This is awesome!! I had a listening party at my apartment and all of my friends who were there loved it (Mary-Anne, John, Jon, Pete, Jill, Julianne, Mario, Angie, Nicholas, Pavel and Jean-Paul the dreamy French guy). We had wine and cheese (very sophisticated, LOL) and enjoyed the beautiful selection of songs. You should be a DJ at KCRW. I wish it was longer though, because one of my friends (who shall remain unnamed) wanted to play DJ after your DIVINE mixcast was finished, and he started playing lame stuff like Pat Benattar (is that how you spell it? i hate that beach) and Madonna circa 1980’s, and OMG Dolly Parton. I almost died. Needless to say, he won’t be invited at my next Kitsune Noir Mixcast listening party. Anyways, I just wanted to express my appreciation. You are doing God’s work.

22. Sherri August 1, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Almost perfect, except when that one awful thing came on. I was like, eww, what is this Paul Simon Graceland crap? And sure enough it was Vampire Weekend related. Ugh. Horrible. I don’t get it.

But everything else was AMAZING! Please keep it up. I promise I’m not a hater!

xoxoxox

23. ozshimys August 1, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Awesome mix Bobby!

24. Raquel August 3, 2009 at 1:14 AM

I love your mixtapes! ALL!!! and this new idea of yours is great!!!

25. Caitlin August 3, 2009 at 11:51 AM

I like it! Thanks for making this – made my Monday happy

26. Bosque August 3, 2009 at 5:33 PM

we want more !
    enjoiyng it here in our studio
    its kind of weird to listen to you
    here, haha its like a radio !
    just great music as allways and more.
    waiting for the 2nd one

cheers
    B.

27. BobbyBobby August 3, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I’m so glad you all are digging the mixcast!
    Next Friday’s tunes are already picked out and all that’s left to do is to record my parts. This one will also be a little bit longer as well, probably about 5 or 10 minutes or so.

Thanks again everyone!

28. Brythefry August 4, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Great job Bobby.
    I’m always looking for new sounds and I definitely enjoyed hearing why you picked each song and what they mean to you whether it has a deep meaning or it’s just plain fun and you can’t help tap your foot when listening to it. Not every tune was my genre to be honest but that’s the fun part of developing new tastes!

Cheers man

29. Buck August 5, 2009 at 10:52 AM

“Mixcast” is good, but I like the varied titles you have for your mixtapes.

30. Ramble August 5, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Really enjoy your mixes. Your taste and music preferences are very similar to Jasien Swords, a Pod caster who produces “Dallas does indie,” a podcast on iTunes. Sadly, his show is coming to the end of its run. Hopefully these mixcasts will continue to grow and inspire others in their music choices. Is it possible to get your mixcasts on iTunes? I am not familiar with the podcast submission process..was just curious if you had thought about it. Keep it coming!

31. BI30Ella February 13, 2010 at 4:40 AM

I guess that there is not a good idea to accomplish the good essay by your own efforts! In fact, this will be better to order the business term paper at the comparison essay service, because it will save time and money.