GHOSTSHRIMP

Ghost shrimp are these tiny little transparent shrimps that are supposed to be good at keeping fish tanks clean. These guys are totally unrelated to Dan James, who also happens to work under the moniker, GHOSTSHRIMP. Dan is a 28 year old illustrator who’s worked for companies like Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, as well as doing a ton of band illustartions and worked for the New York Times as well.

It’s hard to sum up what Dan’s work is like, though I want to say weird and slight effed up. I mean those descriptions as a complete compliment. I love people who can draw weird shit and make it look brilliant. His style also looks slightly inspired by wood block printing, which is kind of interesting as well. Definitely have a looksie at his portfolios, he’s got a ton of great work to check out.

6 Comments GHOSTSHRIMP

1. Lawrie June 25, 2009 at 1:29 AM

These are great – especially the top one. It’s from the show called The Marvellous Misadventures of Flapjack – which has lots of great character design and animation. You should check it out Bobby.

2. Jon June 25, 2009 at 2:42 AM

I was watching Flapjack the other day and was wondering who Ghostshrimp was. Seriously, this work as well as his work on Flapjack are both superb.

3. alanna June 26, 2009 at 8:36 PM

ghostshrimp is rad. i love his work. i want to be a ghostscout

4. Emma June 27, 2009 at 11:13 AM

I’m happy to see you liked his stuff. He’s extraordinary.

5. michael June 28, 2009 at 10:01 AM

shit. i was hoping this was part of the DWP.
    i’m going to have to look into this.

6. DH. June 29, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I love Dan’s work! I had him lined up to be in a show I curated a while back but he was overbooked. Next time, Mr. James. Next time.