Here’s To What’s Next

Hello, again. How have you been?
I want to start out saying sorry for not posting for the last two weeks. They’ve been the most schizophrenic two weeks of my adult life, and I had a ton of things to deal with. First off, I ended up losing that job with Marc Atlan. The reason for this is a bit… complicated. I don’t really want to get in to detail with it, but basically an outside source wasn’t happy with my being hired, so that possible future was cut very short, very quickly. I still absolutely respect Marc, and he was nothing but gracious about the situation.

I also decided to leave my position as creative director of Causecast as well. Working there began to feel burdensome, and I was basically a robot cranking out page after page. There were other factors as well, but I don’t want to get into the negative parts of that either. The idea of Causecast is still a great one, I still have many friends over there, and I wish them the best of luck.

That all being said, I’ve decided to start working freelance full time. I’ve started working with several different clients, so I figure this is a really opportune time to get this kind of thing started. I’ll be posting about one project that just got released later today, and there will be more big announcements in the coming weeks. So if you’re looking for someone to create any graphic or branding work, hit me up, I’d love to help. You can email me any time at

Thanks for putting up with my personal stories, now let’s get back to the cool shit.

16 Comments Here’s To What’s Next

1. Michael May 1, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Good luck! I think you made a good decision.

2. halo May 1, 2009 at 2:44 PM

good luck in that new life you have just started.

3. Siong Chin May 1, 2009 at 3:24 PM

It’s a brave step to stray into the dark territories of freelance, especially in this time. I commend you for that. I wish you all the best, and keep the awesomeness coming!

4. João Moreno May 1, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Woah, those are some schizophrenic news.

I hope you’ll find the success that I’m sure you will. :)

Best of luck!

5. eric May 1, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Good luck mate. Sorry to hear your jobs didn’t pan out as planned, but I guess that’s life. I think you said at one point, actually on the post where you got hired, that “good things seem to come when least expected” sure that wasn’t verbatim. But yeah.
    Heed yr own words!

6. Rodrigo May 1, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Good luck!!

7. Peter May 1, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Good luck, Bobby! May the best of things happen to you!

8. Renaud May 1, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I’ll be pulling for you! I went freelance in November. It’s been good and when I actually get paid, pretty good!

9. xumb May 1, 2009 at 8:56 PM

whoa, that’s a bold step man. good luck! oh and keep posting cool stuff!

10. Jonathan May 1, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Best wishes to you!

11. Jose May 2, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Good luck!

12. Paul May 2, 2009 at 5:50 AM

Sounds a little like my week, scary stuff but it’s nice to jumble thing up a bit.

Best of luck

13. sOPI May 2, 2009 at 9:57 AM

shit happens man, shit happens, i’m glad u decided to go for freelancing work, it’s a wise choice believe me, i’ve been there and it’s amazing, you grow a lot design-speaking and it always end up good. but!, you NEED a webpage man, a wide per cent of the work you might be getting its via online. You could add a section right here in the black fox of your work, but i’d definetely recommend u to open a new website. and dont forget to open a lot of profiles:,, mmm u already have twitter so thats checked,, and linkedin. at least. anyway man, my best wishes to your freelancing carreer. Hey!, there’s this book that is awsome actually it’s called: “how to be a rockstar freelancer” its a good one, it says obvious things but sometimes we need to be reminded. i got it on the web for free, if you need it send me an email and ill send it to you. take care.

14. Alb May 3, 2009 at 9:18 PM

You’re fantastic! Good luck, it’ll be amazing soon enough.

15. Sloane Berrent May 5, 2009 at 6:10 PM

Everything happens for a reason. You’re one of the most talented and creative people I’ve ever met and had the privilege of working with. You’re way stronger and more resilient than you know. These tests and life adventures are going to take you in an exciting new direction and I’m excited to watch and see what happens next.