The Honda Ruckus, My Dream Ride

Nearly two years ago I posted about the Honda Zoomer, or Rucks here in America,which is a medium sized scooter that gets crazy good mileage, and I’m absolutely obsessed with them. I keep finding new images of them, and seeing them on the roads, and I want one really badly.

They’re not very expensive either, starting at $2,500, and would be amazing to ride, especially here in Los Angeles, where it’s nice 75% of the year. The Ruckus above I found on the ZoomerBoys blog, and I would buy it in a heartbeat, it’s basically the most perfect bike ever.

If anyone from Honda wants to go ahead and give me a ride one of these, or you know, give me one, I’ll be happy to shill for you. Visit Honda’s official Ruckus site for the details.

16 Comments The Honda Ruckus, My Dream Ride

1. Shortee April 9, 2009 at 4:31 AM

woah! i love it!
    time to get my schwalbe ready for summer :)

2. Jason April 9, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Wow!! I’ve been looking around for a scooter but everything was so wimpy, this is like Mad Max had a baby with a Dunebuggy… I want one!

3. mick minogue April 9, 2009 at 5:27 PM

AWESOME!!! Baby Batpod right there!! Ive been eyeballing a new longboard for a while now this has put me right off!!! No Good in Ireland though!

4. eric April 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM

why dont you get stickers made,
    offer them on your blog for
    say…$2 a pop? pretty soon you
    have your scooter!

5. Jaycee April 11, 2009 at 11:29 AM

from that pic i thought it was a mini-moto! good thing i followed the links… thought you were going crazy for a sec! not that i can talk, i’ve got a beetle.

6. Darrell W April 11, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Awesome.. Love the wood grain. Just ordered a 2009 Ruckus! 43 years young and buying a scooter. Go figure!

7. Shawn April 12, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I have a 2006, admittedly not as cool as the woody here but I love it. 90 to 100 mpg, a million mods to choose from (check out Battlescooterstore.com), and super fun to drive, go get one!

8. Pingback: +KN | Kitsune Noir » The Honda Ruckus, My Dream Ride | E.V.Schoemaker

9. ! July 30, 2009 at 8:45 AM

omg that is the sickest scooter these eyes have ever seen!

10. Lobster Design November 1, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Respect from Holland!

11. Josh March 13, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Is this yours? I am in love with it. I would love to get some of the details to the mods that were made.

Thanks for posting this.

12. BobbyBobby March 13, 2010 at 3:13 PM

@Josh – Nope, though I wish it was!

13. Kody March 22, 2010 at 8:10 PM

What can you ask from a 50cc 4-Stroke engine, stock speed is around *58km/hr maximum (2005 model) on flat ground. However the liquid-cooled engine can continuing operate more hours than air-cooled scooters.. The stock tires look wild and tough.

Average retail price in North America should is 1900.

Also there are so many options to customize the bike to your taste.

http://www.ruckuslife.com offer many performance and decorative upgrades to suit any enthusiasts needs.

14. hza August 22, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Great bike – but needs to be customized. 4 stroke 50s are just too slow and boring. But this has been on my radar SOLELY for the after market parts. This bike can look very nice once done up.

Hope you do get it. Been riding scooters for some yrs now, and I love it.

15. Forrest dylan February 28, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Get yourself a honda xl 125.its cool,well do 80 mpgs,wich is worth being able to go 60 mph(twice as fast as the scooter)plus its totaly unwimpy cause its a real motorcycle.
    Oh yeah and it can go offroad too.