More Images from Where The Wild Things Are

USATODAY recently released some more new photos from Where The Wild Things Are film, which just makes me even more rabid to see it. It says the official release date is now October 16th which is so far away. Also, does anyone think it’s rad that the kid who plays Max is named Max Records? How do people get these awesome names?!

Check under the cut for even more images.

21 Comments More Images from Where The Wild Things Are

1. james April 6, 2009 at 9:46 AM

I am actually going to explode with excitement when this comes out. it is going to be INCREDIBLE.

Yes Max Records is an awesome name.

2. Liam April 6, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I was quite cautious upon hearing this was being made, but everything eeked out since that revelation; Jonze, old-school effects, a photo here and there etc. has made me more and more excited.

All limbs crossed it will be as magical as we all hope. If Pan’s Labyrinth was this generations Labyrinth will this be the new Neverending Story?

3. Reagan April 6, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I saw a cut of this movie about a year ago and really enjoyed it. It had a super unexpected melancholy tone that made the whole thing all the more believable and heartbreaking. It’s gritty, raw and slow. Not at all for young kids. Definitely intended more for adults who remember the book fondly.

4. Siong April 6, 2009 at 1:01 PM

I am not familiar with the book since I did not grow up in North America and was, instead, steeped in Asian literature. But the teasers are really fascinating. They all seem to have this rather melancholic tone to them in addition to being surreal and quirky. I can’t wait!

5. Mário April 6, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Uaaaahh!

6. Kane April 6, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Words cannot describe how enthralled I am about the release of this film.

7. kim April 6, 2009 at 4:27 PM

the trailer gave me some serious goosebumps.

8. xumb April 6, 2009 at 7:15 PM

“The only real let down was the transformation of Max’s bedroom to the island forest. That was always the highlight of the picture book. It’s too bad Spike Jonze didn’t bring that to the screen.”

Thanks for the spoiler dude.

9. rey April 7, 2009 at 7:51 AM

wow – this looks terrific. that book was so influential for me, and these images just seem to so perfectly capture it’s spirit

10. pretty like deer April 7, 2009 at 11:16 AM

“rabid to see it” is exactly how i feel too.

11. chris April 7, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I love looking at your website through my iPhone!! It’s so awesome, thankyou for this :)

12. Ari Herzog April 8, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Every male child having been read (and later reading himself) the book wanted to be Max. I still do. Thanks for the pictures and making me squirm in anticipation.

13. amy crehore April 9, 2009 at 11:10 AM

This looks goooood. :)

14. Nicholas S April 28, 2009 at 2:36 AM

Agreed. I grew up in Hong Kong and WTWTA was undoubtedly one of my favorites. So inspiring, so creative, so beautiful. Add Spike Jonze and an Arcade Fire soundtrack to the mix, and I feel like this movie was made for people like me.
    Though, of course, it does have the potential to be a complete failure, as WTWTA was such a personal and amazing source of imagination for all of us, it’ll be either hit or miss for Spike, I think. As someone already mentioned; all limbs crossed!

15. Pingback: Still wild. « INDUSTRY OF THE COOL

16. Pingback: ?oto-inbox

17. Junaid Ahmed May 19, 2009 at 1:48 PM

This is one of those movies that are worth every minute, as it contains the emotional elements as well as technological advancements.

The trailer gave me a grand awesome feeling with some tears also trailing down as it speaks to the inner child we all hide so well.

Thanks for such a great review!

18. Pingback: Still wild. « INDUSTRY OF THE COOL/BR