Tight Knit by Vetiver

More Of This by Vetiver

Sister by Vetiver

2009 keeps impressing me musically, and more and more amazing things keep coming, I can barely keep up! One of absolute favorites of the year so far though is the new Vetiver album, Tight Knit. This is Vetiver’s fourth album now, and I think he keeps getting better with each new release. Tight Knit continues down a less minimal folk approach like his first self titled album, instead he decides to make more rich sounding music. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still folk-y, but with Andy Cabic’s signature twist on it.

I haven’t been able to stop listening to this album, it’s on all the time for me. It’s so mellow and easy to listen to, without putting me to sleep either. I’d also like to point out the absolutely amazing cover artwork, which was created by Nathaniel Russell. I’d seriously get that tattooed on my body.

If you enjoy the two songs above, head over to Sub Pop, Andy’s new label, and pick yourself up a copy. Seriously, it’s amazing.

6 Comments Tight Knit by Vetiver

1. Alex February 27, 2009 at 4:23 AM

I can’t keep up with all these updates!x

Wicked tracks though.

2. ben February 27, 2009 at 2:08 PM

“Sister” is definitely one of my favorite songs of the year so far! So beautiful. And that Nat Russell cover RULES so hard. One of my favorite things he’s ever done.

Also – thanks for the nice post and nice comments a couple days ago :)

3. reckoner71 March 2, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Awesome album.

Hold Time by M. Ward is also making an early dent in my iPhone.

4. Vollsky March 3, 2009 at 5:18 AM

Great music.. I like tunes like this!

5. Justin R March 5, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Hey B,

You should think about aggregating the music picks you post like you aggregate your mixtapes and wallpapers…

J

6. vasavoircamille March 6, 2009 at 5:32 AM

Hello Bobby,

What software do you use to burn your mixes onto one track?

Thanks!