Fifty People, One Question

This one’s been floating around for a while, but I fall in love with it every time I watch. The concept is simple, Fifty People, One Question. It’s an extremely human video that really shows how unique people are and how interesting anyone can be. The way it’s shot is rather dreamy, and the music does a great job of intensifying the mood of the video. There are two more videos, but the one above shot in London is my absolute favorite.

16 Comments Fifty People, One Question

1. Colby February 9, 2009 at 11:07 PM

So powerful!

2. Brooke February 10, 2009 at 7:36 AM

wow. i’ve seen another one of these, but this is by far the most touching. thanks for sharing. i can’t stop thinking about some of those people and their answers…

3. João February 10, 2009 at 8:40 AM

You’re absolutely right, Bobby: this is truly the best video of the whole project. I’ve known it for about some time and it is also my favourite one. So beautifully shot.

4. Benjamin Reece February 10, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Bobby,

Thanks for posting the video. Its strange to hear this thought of as the best, because I have such a love/hate relationship to it.

It definitely has a different tone to it, so I think it strikes towards people who are looking for a melancholy dissonance in the project.

5. Ryan February 10, 2009 at 4:07 PM

This was great. I hadn’t seen it before. At first it was making me smile, but then it kind of was refreshing and touching how many people were happy with where they were and who they were with.

*Actually it was when the Asian women said she missed her family. Life is a pretty great thing.

6. Michael Allen February 10, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I love love your blog here Mr. Solomon, especially the vimeo posts.

I’ve been looking for good piano music for quite some time now… a very certain kind of piano, one that is moody and also uplifting and inspiring. The music for the video is perfect.

Does anyone know who the pianist is, or where I can find more music like it?

7. Aden Davies February 11, 2009 at 2:46 AM

Simply fantastic…put a smile on my face this morning.

8. chris February 11, 2009 at 7:12 AM

we are great

9. Graham February 11, 2009 at 8:14 AM

I love how you have the exact same taste in everything I do, this blog seems like something that my mind would produce on its own

10. Scott Wise February 11, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Wonderful, gave me a similiar feeling to Bright Eyes’ video for The First Day of My Life. And great to hear Do Make Say Think, a fantastic Toronto outfit, in the background (sorry Ryan, can’t identify the piano bit at the beginning).

Thanks for sharing.

11. Angel February 11, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Thank you for posting our newest project! We really appreciate all the wonderful comments and feedback. What city would you like to see in our next project? We look forward to hearing your answer at:

Thanks again!

12. Chanette February 11, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Very touching. Thank you! I think I wanna wake up in a 5 star hotel room with the best view over a big city.. It is quiet, but still in motion. As human beings today we are restless. Therefore paradise would be to perfect. Nice still..

13. samantha hahn February 14, 2009 at 8:05 PM